Cudmore Fire, 1842


Recommend Me! Suggest This Page To A Friend!

Submitted by Gary Carroll - garycarroll@hotmail.com


Colonial Herald Sat., 17 Dec., 1842:

On Thursday night last, the house of Hugh Cudmore, situate on the Winsloe Road, was entirely consumed by fire. All his provisions, clothing and furniture, with the exception of a few trifling articles, were also totally consumed. The children were rescued from the flames in a state of nudity.


© Dave Hunter and The Island Register: HTML and Graphics

Last Updated: 12/11/2005 6:34:26 AM
Return to Top!
[ Return to Fenceviewers and Lists Page!] | [Return to Main Page! ]