Submitted by Christine Gorman
From The Daily Examiner, Oct. 22, 1891
A number of the farmers of Donough, Johnston's River and adjoining settlements met in Glenfinnan Schoolhouse, Sep. 17, to form a Farmers' Club, to be known as "The Farmers' Club of Hickey's Wharf".
President -- James J. Trainor
Vice-President -- Patrick Sherry
Corresponding secretary -- David McDonald
Recording secretary -- James E. Laverty
Treasurer -- James Murnaghan