Submitted by - Ira Smith -
Ira has number of additional generations of this family to share and please direct Queries to the email link above!
The Descendants of Robert Banks and Mary McKie
9593 Route 12, Box 3206
Prince Edward Island
1. Robert Banks, b. ABT 1764. He married Mary McKie, married 8 Jan 1791, b. ABT 1773 in Cassaend Kelton Dumfries, (daughter of William McKie and Isabelle Boyce) d. 1823.
2. i George Banks b. 1790.
3. ii William Banks b. 1 Jan 1794.
iii Isabella Banks, b. 16 May 1796.
4. iv James Banks b. 2 Mar 1803.
5. v Jane Banks b. 22 Feb 1807.
6. vi John Banks b. ABT 1819.
vii Robert Banks. He married Catherine Webster, b. ABT 1793 in St Peters Bay PEI, (daughter of Thomas Webster and Flora MacKenzie).
2. George Banks, b. 1790, d. 1865 in Annandale PEI. He married Mary McKenzie, b. in St Peters Bay, d. 1868.
7. i Mary Ann Banks b. ABT 1815.
ii Jane Banks. She married William Hart, married 21 Mar 1854.
iii Ada Banks.
8. iv William Banks b. 1816.
v Sarah Banks.
9. vi Elizabeth Banks.
10. vii John Banks b. 1812.
11. viii Margaret Banks b. 28 Apr 1816.
12. ix Ann Banks b. ABT 1835.
3. William Banks, b. 1 Jan 1794, d. in Howe Bay PEI.
13. i Robert (Big Robert) Banks b. ABT 1826.
14. ii Miriam Banks b. 15 SEPT 1827.
15. iii Eunice Jane Banks b. ABT 1841.
iv Sarah Banks. She married Robert Davey, b. in Charlottetown.
4. James Banks, b. 2 Mar 1803, d. 29 May 1902, buried in lot 11 Ang. He married Grace Taylor, married DEC 18 1833 in New London by T H Walpole, b. 1816, (daughter of John Taylor and Rebecca ?) d. 8 Nov 1898 in (date from tombstone age 82), buried in lot 11 Ang.
16. i David Banks b. 1855.
ii Mary Ann Banks, b. 1830, d. 8 Nov 1905.
iii John Banks, d. 1916 in USA.
17. iv George Banks b. 1849.
18. v William Banks b. 1850.
5. Jane Banks, b. 22 Feb 1807, d. AFT 1881. She married John Webster, b. 1809 in St Peters PEI, (son of Thomas Webster and Flora MacKenzie) d. ABT 1885.
19. i Artimus Webster b. ABT 1829.
20. ii Horatio Webster b. ABT 1830.
iii James Webster, b. 1838.
21. iv Albert Webster b. 1842.
22. v Apollonia Webster b. ABT 1851.
vi Joseph Webster, b. ABT 1865, d. ABT 1888, buried in Midgell.
vii Louisa Webster, d. AFT 1880.
viii Harriet Webster, d. AFT 1880.
6. John Banks, b. ABT 1819, d. 1891. He married Mary Margaret Webster, married 4 Mar 1841, b. ABT 1810 in St Peters PEI, (daughter of Thomas Webster and Flora MacKenzie) d. ABT 1870.
23. i Mary Sophronia Banks b. 24 May 1852.
24. ii Ida Banks.
7. Mary Ann Banks, b. ABT 1815 in Annandale. She married Robert Howlett, married 5 Jan 1835 in Annadale, b. 9 Jul 1812 in Bramfield Suffolke England, (son of George Howlett and Ann Crisp) d. 1868 in Annandale PEI.
i Mary Ann Howlett, b. 27 Oct 1835 in Annandale, d. 1868. She married John (Black John) Swallow, b. 1836, (son of Robert Swallow and Margaret Banks).
ii George Edward Howlett, b. 1837 in Annandale, d. 1921, buried in Annandale United Baptist. He married Flora Jane MacNeill, b. 1843, d. 1927, buried in Annandale United Baptist.
iii William B Howlett, b. 30 Dec 1839 in Annandale, d. 26 MARCH 1887, buried in Annandale United Baptist. He married Anne James, b. 1852.
iv Lydia Howlett, b. 9 Sep 1840 in Annandale, d. 1927. She married Robert Robertson, married 14 Feb 1865, b. 23 Jan 1839, (son of William Robertson and Christina Belson) d. 1924.
v Alice E Howlett, b. 22 Jul 1842 in Annandale, d. 1867. She married Reter McMullin, b. 1843.
vi John Howlett, b. 10 Jan 1844 in Annandale, d. 1920, buried in Annandale United Baptist. He married (1) Elizabeth Taylor, b. 1845, (daughter of Walter Taylor and Margaret Glover) d. 28 Jan 1881, buried in Annandale United Baptist. He married (2) Margaret Nicholson, married AFT 1881, b. 1857, d. 1953, buried in Annandale United Baptist.
vii James Howlett, b. 2 Jan 1845 in Annandale, d. 1871.
viii David Howlett, b. 17 Nov 1847 in Annandale, d. 18 Dec 1881 in Annandale, buried in Annandale United Baptist. He married Mary Ann Banks, married 8 Mar 1873, b. 25 Dec 1851, (daughter of John Banks and Mary McDonald) d. 11 Jan 1926 in Mass.
ix Elizabeth Jane Howlett, b. 17 Sep 1849 in Annandale, d. 1850.
x Robert Richard Howlett, b. 4 Oct 1851 in Annandale, d. 1928. He married Flavilla Chappell, b. 17 Aug 1855, d. 1953.
xi Albert Howlett, b. 28 Oct 1852, d. 1856.
8. William Banks, b. 1816, d. 30 Jan 1889, buried in Bay Fortune United Cemetery. He married (1) Mary Simonds. He married (2) Margaret E MacKenzie, married 6 Oct 1859, b. 26 Sep 1830 in Cable Head PEI, (daughter of Thomas MacKenzie and Lucy Haycock Hickox) d. 11 Feb 1889, buried in Bay Fortune Cemetery.
i George Banks, b. 15 Jan 1852, d. 1927, buried in Annandale United Baptist.
ii Jane Banks, b. ABT 1857. She married James Henry (Crawford) Dingwall, b. ABT 1856, (son of John Dingwell and Jane Webster).
iii Margaret (Maggie) Banks, b. 1854, d. 1919, buried in Annandale United Baptist. She married Robert Chaffey, married 7 Feb 1873 in Boston, Mass, b. 1 Oct 1853, (son of George Chaffey and Marie Swallow).
iv William Banks, b. 1857 in Annandale, d. 1889, buried in Annandale United Baptist. He married Elizabeth (Jane) Simons, b. 1859, (daughter of Pehlick Simons and Christine McKay) d. 1947, buried in Annandale United Baptist.
v Ada Emma Banks, b. 7 Oct 1874, d. 10 Feb 1934, buried in Fortune Bay Cemetery. She married W K MacDonald.
vi Lydia "Liddie" Banks.
vii Mary Ann Banks, b. 1860, d. 4 Feb 1889, buried in Bay Fortune Cemetery.
9. Elizabeth Banks. She married James Simons, b. 27 Jan 1829, (son of Asa Simons and Margaret Aitken) d. 6 Apr 1908, buried in Bay Fortune Cemetery.
i Isabella Sophia Simons, b. ABT 1877. She married William Richard Burke, b. 6 Jan 1869 in Fortune Bridge, (son of Edward G Burke and Mary Ellen Simons) d. in Boston.
ii Edmund Simons.
iii Alexander Douglas Simons, b. 6 Nov 1864.
iv Artemas Fremont Simons, b. 12 Jun 1866, d. 6 Apr 1882, buried in Bay Fortune Cemetery.
v Catherine Melvina Simons, b. 30 Mar 1871.
vi George Nelson Simons, b. 3 Dec 1873.
vii Amelia A Simons, b. AUG 1880.
10. John Banks, b. 1812, d. ABT 1895. He married Mary McDonald, b. 1819, (daughter of John MacDonald and Mary ?) d. 1917, buried in RC.
i John Banks, b. 1844, d. 1866 in Grand Banks off Nfld. He married Elizabeth Hatchett, b. 1848 in nfld, d. 1927.
ii Peter Banks, b. 1840, d. 17 Dec 1919, buried in St George RC Lot 55. He married Mary Morrison, b. 6 Sep 1843, (daughter of James Ban Morrison and Catherine Walker) d. 27 May 1903, buried in St George RC Lot 55.
iii James Banks, b. 25 Mar 1845, buried in St Margarets RC. He married Margaret (Peggy) McInnis, b. 1845, d. 15 May 1909, buried in St Margarets RC lot 44.
iv Sarah Banks. She married Henry Yoston, married 21 Jan 1879, b. 1853, (son of George Yoston and Catherine Currie).
v Alfred Banks, b. 1849, d. 1925. He married Jane Taylor Robinson, married 23 Feb 1884, b. 28 Nov 1862, (daughter of Alexander (Sandy) Robertson and Elizabeth (Betsy) Taylor) d. 1931.
vi Albert Banks, b. 1855, d. 1940 in Taunton Mass USA. He married Amelia Wood, married 8 Dec 1880, b. 2 Jun 1855 in Dundas PEI, (daughter of William Ryan Wood and Margaret Burhoe) d. ABT 1931 in Taunton Massachusetts.
vii William Banks, b. 1858, d. 1941. He married Mary McCormack.
viii Mary Ann Banks, b. 25 Dec 1851, d. 11 Jan 1926 in Mass. She married David Howlett, married 8 Mar 1873, (son of Robert Howlett and Mary Ann Banks) b. 17 Nov 1847 in Annandale, d. 18 Dec 1881 in Annandale, buried in Annandale United Baptist.
ix Alice Banks, b. 1862, d. 16 Jul 1881.
x Cicely Banks, b. 1847, d. 1919. She married Alex Carlisle, d. 1919.
11. Margaret Banks, b. 28 Apr 1816, d. 27 Aug 1883 in Boston. She married Robert Swallow, married 17 Dec 1839, b. 1 Oct 1820, (son of Robert William Swallow and Catherine (Kate) Blackett) d. 9 May 1904 in Boston.
i John (Black John) Swallow, b. 1836. He married (1) Mary Ann Howlett, b. 27 Oct 1835 in Annandale, (daughter of Robert Howlett and Mary Ann Banks) d. 1868. He married (2) Anne Willians Margaret Tassell, b. 10 Jul 1840.
ii Margaret Ann Swallow, b. ABT 1849. She married William Tassell, b. ABT 1841, (son of Edmond Tassell and Polly Brown).
iii Sarah Swallow, b. ABT 1851.
iv William Swallow, b. 10 Jun 1847, d. JUNE 1903, buried in Annandale United Baptist. He married Abigail Jenkins, (daughter of John (Councellor) Jenkins and Charlotte Murray) d. 1912, buried in Annandale United Baptist.
v Ann Swallow.
12. Ann Banks, b. ABT 1835. She married (1) Jeremiah Enman, married 5 May 1862, b. 23 Nov 1799 in Vernon River, (son of Thomas Enman and ? Snazell) d. 1875 in Vernon River. She married (2) Captain Joseph Gardner, married 1881, b. 1833, d. 1900, buried in Dundas United.
i Mary Ann Enman, b. 17 Mar 1863 in Dundas PEI, d. 10 Nov 1952 in Poplar Point. She married Hiram (Ira) Robertson, married 10 May 1884, b. 20 Aug 1860 in Poplar Point, (son of George Robertson and Sarah Turner) d. 20 Mar 1944 in Poplar Point PEI, buried in Annandale United.
ii Sarah Ann Enman, b. MAY 1864.
iii William Enman.
13. Robert (Big Robert) Banks, b. ABT 1826 in Howe Bay. He married Eliza Jane ?, b. 1824.
i James Tho Banks, b. 31 Oct 1857.
ii John Alexander Banks, b. 23 Dec 1858.
iii Robert A Banks, b. 27 Dec 1860.
iv Elizabeth Jane Banks, b. 20 May 1863.
v Emily Banks, b. ABT 1866.
vi Sarah Rebecca Banks, b. ABT 1871, d. OCT 1935. She married (1) Archibald Bruce Graham, d. ABT 1902. She married (2) Thomas Cunningham.
14. Miriam Banks, b. 15 SEPT 1827. She married Charles Lutz, married 7 Feb 1854, b. 1 SEPT 1831, (son of Robert Lutz and ?).
i Aveline S Lutz, b. 30 Nov 1858, d. 15 May 1948 in Cambridge Mass, buried in to USA in 1896. She married Lemuel Publicover, b. 2 Dec 1857 in LeHave NS, (son of John Publicover and Jane Long) d. 16 Mar 1926.
ii William Lutz, b. ABT 1859, d. ABT 1942 in Boston.
iii Robert Lutz, b. 23 Jun 1867 in Howe Bay. He married Christin MacDonald, b. 15 Feb 1865, (daughter of John MacDonald and Matilda Robertson).
iv George Henry Lutz, b. 1 Dec 1869, d. 1941. He married Caroline Blackett, married 1893, b. 9 Feb 1869 in Little Pond PEI, (daughter of Daniel Blackett and Miriah Wilt) d. 1938, buried in Fortune Bay Cemetery.
15. Eunice Jane Banks, b. ABT 1841, d. 7 Oct 1903. She married Asa Blaisdell, married 30 Nov 1859, b. ABT 1841 in USA.
i George Blaisdell, b. 10 Jul 1858. He married Sarah Macleod, b. 23 Apr 1866, (daughter of Duncan (Murdock) MacLeod and Jane Acorn) d. 4 Dec 1932, buried in Old Dundas Acorn Cemetery.
ii Hiram Blaisdell, b. 29 Jun 1876. He married Melinda Letitia Stead, b. 26 Dec 1874, (daughter of William Stead and Sarah M Sellick) d. 15 Feb 1911, buried in Bay Fortune United.
iii Elizabeth Blaisdell, b. 17 Mar 1867 in Howe Bay. She married George MacDonald, b. 29 Nov 1860 in Red House, (son of Ralph MacDonald and Ann Conohan).
iv Margaret J Blaisdell, b. 19 May 1878. She married (1) MacDonald _____. She married (2) Peter Curtis, b. 6 Nov 1872.
v Lily Ann Blaisdell, b. 1870, d. 1948. She married Joseph H Swallow, (son of John (Black John) Swallow and Anne Willians Margaret Tassell) b. 17 Jun 1869.
vi Mary Jane Blaisdell, b. ABT 1879 in Howe Bay. She married John Herman Wilson, b. 16 Aug 1881, (son of Allan Wilson and Mary _____).
vii Sarah Rebecca Blaisdell, b. ABT 1861, d. ABT 1919. She married William Stead, married 1890, b. ABT 1848.
16. David Banks, b. 1855, d. 1922, buried in Freeland Presbyterian. He married Sophia MacArthur, married 1877, (daughter of William Henry MacArthur and Rebecca Pickering) b. 1857, d. 24 Dec 1930, buried in Freeland Presbyterian.
i Edward Banks, b. 1884 in Poplar Grove, d. 1923, buried in Freeland Presbyterian. He married Viola Agnes Lewis, b. 26 Mar 1892, (daughter of Isaac Bertram Lewis and Elizabeth MacDonald) d. 26 Mar 1960, buried in Freeland Presbyterian.
ii Rebecca Grace Banks, d. 1963. She married Albert Gregary.
iii Elsie Jane Banks, b. 1888, d. 1968. She married Earl Sperry, b. 1886, d. 1955.
iv Ethel Belle Banks, b. 1889. She married _____ Anderson.
v Jerwima Banks, b. 1892. She married Henry Mitchler, married 19 Jun 1914 in Aurora, Kane, Illinois, b. 1889.
vi Ira David Banks, b. 10 Feb 1894, d. 29 Jan 1976, buried in Freeland Presbyterian. He married Alice Rubyzell Henderson, married 12 Jun 1918, b. 22 Jan 1896, (daughter of Robert Cummings Henderson and Annie Eleanor Josephus Cody) d. 16 Mar 1985, buried in Freeland Presbyterian.
vii Ida Blanch Banks, b. 1895, d. 22 Jan 1975. She married (1) Leslie Slater, d. Mar 1905. She married (2) Fred Alverson.
viii Russel Banks, b. 1898, d. 1912, buried in Freeland Presbyterian.
ix Bertha Banks, b. 17 Oct 1899, d. 29 Dec 1985, buried in Freeland Presbyterian. She married Alexander Reeves, married 16 Aug 1922, b. 24 Aug 1896, (son of Hubert Reeves and Margaret Ann Buchanan) d. 7 Nov 1986, buried in Freeland Presbyterian.
17. George Banks, b. 1849, d. 21 Sep 1901, buried in lot 11 Ang. He married Priscilla Adams, married 9 Nov 1875, b. 1849 in Sea View, (daughter of John Adams and Martha Sudsbury) d. 11 Mar 1933, buried in lot 11 Ang.
i Martha Ellen Banks, b. 20 Mar 1877, d. JUL 1963. She married (1) Ralph Inglis, b. 1875, (son of Thomas B Inglis and Levinia Palmer) d. 1901. She married (2) Urban Paugh, b. 1852, d. 1918.
ii John Wesley Banks, b. 1879, d. 1893.
iii James Ira Banks, b. 3 Apr 1881, d. 27 Jun 1952, buried in Ellerslie Ang. He married Loretta Maude Wagner, married 17 May 1905, b. 26 Aug 1890, (daughter of James H Wagner and Ida Gertrude Raynor) d. 23 Oct 1970, buried in Ellerslie Ang.
iv George Freeman Banks, b. 1883, d. 27 Apr 1898.
v Wesley Banks, b. 4 Jul 1885, d. 3 Jan 1965 in Quesnel BC. He married Frances Gormley, married 12 Feb 1907, b. 1888, d. 12 Oct 1912 in Athabasca, Alberta.
18. William Banks, b. 1850, d. 31 Mar 1926, buried in lot 11 Ang. He married Annie E Palmer, married 24 Jul 1879, b. 1857, (daughter of George Pullen Palmer and Ellen Wells) d. 24 Oct 1939, buried in lot 11 Ang.
i Ellen (Nellie) Banks, b. 1882. She married Stanley Hiltz.
ii Ida Jane Hardy Banks, b. 1886. She married William Hopp.
iii George Banks.
iv Natham (Pierce) Banks, b. 1884, d. 1934. He married Myrtle L. Milligan, b. 1892, d. 13 Jan 1982.
v Richard J Banks, b. 1891, d. 26 Mar 1976, buried in Lot 11 Anglican. He married Flora Katherine Reeves, married ABT 1920, b. 24 Mar 1904, (daughter of Hubert Reeves and Margaret Ann Buchanan) d. MAR 1928, buried in Lot 11 Anglican.
vi Walter E Banks, b. 10 Jan 1890 in from stone, d. 1967, buried in lot 11 Ang.
vii A Elva Banks, b. 1896. She married _____ Murray.
viii Margaret Ann Kinsman Banks, b. 1887. She married Ralph Hamilton.
ix Ethel A Banks, b. 1894.
19. Artimus Webster, b. ABT 1829. He married Phoebe ?, b. ABT 1883.
i James Webster.
20. Horatio Webster, b. ABT 1830, d. AFT 1891. He married Mary ?, b. ABT 1836, d. AFT 1881.
i William Webster, b. ABT 1854, d. AFT 1891.
ii Louise Webster, b. ABT 1858, d. AFT 1881.
iii Emma J Webster, b. ABT 1860, d. AFT 1881.
iv Frank Webster, b. ABT 1863, d. AFT 1891.
v Robert Webster, b. ABT 1882.
21. Albert Webster, b. 1842, d. ABT 1930, buried in Midgell Community Cemetery. He married Eliza Acorn, married 2 Aug 1871, b. 1848, (daughter of Benjamin Acorn and Ann Praught) d. 1926, buried in Midgell Community Cemetery.
i Malcolm Webster, b. ABT 1864.
ii Melinda J Webster, b. 18 May 1871 in Morell, d. 27 Mar 1908, buried in Midgell Community Cemetery. She married Charles H Vaniderstine, b. 17 Oct 1850, d. 15 Jan 1931, buried in Midgell Community Cemetery.
iii Nelson Frederick Webster, b. NOV 1873 in Morell, d. 24 Jan 1911 in Lowell Mass. He married Edith Esther Humphriss, married 20 May 1892 in Lowell MA, b. ABT 1873, (daughter of George Humphriss and Penelope Burge).
iv Seymore Webster, b. 1877 in Morell, d. BEF 1891.
v Robert John Webster, b. 1880, d. 1955 in Lowell, MA USA, buried in Midgell Community Cemetery.
vi Lilly Ann Webster, b. 1882 in Morell, d. 22 Sep 1942 in Boston Mass. She married Alfred Stacey Eyre, married 17 Sep 1912, (son of Caleb Eyre and Constance Stacey).
vii Russell Grey Webster, b. 27 Dec 1883, d. 17 Jun 1976, buried in Midgell Community Cemetery. He married Mabel Hope Dingwell, b. 4 Jan 1886 in Morell, d. 3 Apr 1957, buried in Midgell Community Cemetery.
viii Leota Webster, b. 1890 in Morell.
22. Apollonia Webster, b. ABT 1851 in St Peters Bay, d. 1914, buried in Old Dundas. She married Richard Jenkins, married 21 Jul 1872, b. ABT 1848 in Birch Hill, d. 1823, buried in Old Dundas.
i William H Jenkins, b. ABT 1873, d. ABT 1930. He married Catherine (Jane) Taylor, b. ABT 1880, (daughter of Thomas Taylor and Mary Ann Meade) d. in Bath Maine.
ii Mary (Rebecca) Jane Jenkins.
iii John F Jenkins, b. ABT 1881.
iv Artemas Jenkins, b. ABT 1884.
v Clara Jenkins, b. 1887. She married Charles Benjamin Downe, b. ABT 1884 in St Peters Bay, (son of Wallace Triston Downe and Mary Jane Pollard).
vi Joseph Jenkins, b. AUG 1890.
vii Hazel Jenkins.
23. Mary Sophronia Banks, b. 24 May 1852 in Morell, d. 1930, buried in Bay Fortune United Cemetery. She married Benjamin Joseph Coffin, married 27 Jan 1877, b. 31 Jul 1840 in Bay Fortune, (son of William Coffin and Margaret Coffin) d. 3 Apr 1917, buried in Bay Fortune United Cemetery.
i Mary Jane E Coffin, b. 16 Dec 1878. She married Carter _____.
ii Edith Coffin, b. 4 Jul 1880 in Bay Fortune, d. 1954 in Souris, buried in Bay Fortune United. She married Charles (Ernest) Dingwell, (son of James William Dingwell and Catherine Conohan) b. 4 Jan 1875, d. 9 Jun 1962 in Souris PEI.
iii Charles Henry Hallet Coffin, b. 23 Mar 1883 in Bay Fortune, d. 6 Jul 1962, buried in Bay Fortune. He married Isabella Marion Campbell, b. 21 Oct 1889, (daughter of Hector Campbell and Adeline Henderson) d. 31 Dec 1982, buried in Bay Fortune United.
iv Duncan Hamiltin Coffin, b. 23 Jun 1886 in Bay Fortune, d. 1949, buried in Bay Fortune Cemetery. He married Esther May Morrow, b. 27 Aug 1887 in Howe Bay, (daughter of William Levi Morrow and Isobel E Allen) d. 1957, buried in Bay Fortune United.
24. Ida Banks, d. ABT 1885. She married Duncan (Glasnu) MacDonald, b. 1853 in Dundas, (son of Norman (Glasnu) MacDonald and Mary Matheson) d. 1930.
i Mary (Glasnu MacDonald, b. ABT 1880.
ii Ida (Glasnu) MacDonald, b. ABT 1882.