Gail has a number of additional generations of this family to share and please direct Queries to the email link above, or at:!
Descendants of Thomas Colwell
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS1 COLWELL was born Abt. 1820 in England.
Notes for THOMAS COLWELL:
1848 P.E.I. Census Lot 31 page 2
Colwill Thos Farmer Colville Rd 2 males<16 1 male16/4 1 female<16
Colwill Chas Farmer Colville Rd 4 males<16 1 male 16/4 1 Female<16
I am guessing that Charles and Thomas are brothers, possibly father and son, but I doubt it
From 1891 Westmoreland Census Moncton (next door to Henry Colwell)
COLWELL Thomas age 71 born England
William age 26 born England
Lillie age 14 born P.E.I
James age 23 born England
Effie age 20 born N.B.
Children of THOMAS COLWELL are:
2. i. HENRY2 COLWELL, b. May 24, 1862, Prince Edward Island; d. New Brunswick, Canada.
ii. EFFIE COLWELL, b. Abt. 1865.
iii. JAMES COLWELL, b. Abt. 1868.
iv. LILA MAUDE COLWELL, b. October 03, 1877; d. 1955, Moncton, New Brunswick; m. ELI CORKUM, August 10, 1899, Spring hill, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia.
Marriage Notes for LILA COLWELL and ELI CORKUM:
Information from internet, G Facini Home Page@ www.parsonstech/geneology/trees.
Eli Corkum married Lila Maude Colwell, 10 Aug 1899 Baptist Church, Springhill,NS
Generation No. 2
2. HENRY2 COLWELL (THOMAS1) was born May 24, 1862 in Prince Edward Island, and died in New Brunswick, Canada. He married MARGARET PATRIQUIN, daughter of WILLIAM PATRIQUIN and MARY MADDISON.
Notes for HENRY COLWELL:
From the 1891 Census Westmoreland Co.
Born Father Born Mother Born Rel. Occ.
COLWELL Henry M 31 P.E.I Eng. N.B. Meth. Farmer
Maggie F 25 N.B. N.S. N.B.
William M 07 P.E.I P.E.I N.B.
Theophilis M 05 P.E.I P.E.I N.B.
Mary Jane F 03 N.B. P.E.I
From the 1901 Census Westmorelanc Co Moncton Parish
COLWELL Henry M 38 24 May 1862 P.E.I Meth Farm Laborer
Margaret F 35 03 Jan 1865 N.B.
William M 16 06 Jun 1884 N.B.
Theophilis M 15 26 Aug 1885 N.B
Mary J. F 13 30 Jun 1887 N.B.
Millie F 09 21 Jun 1891 N.B.
Herbert M 06 23 Aug 1894 N.B.
Children of HENRY COLWELL and MARGARET PATRIQUIN are:
i. JENNY3 COLWELL.
ii. WILLIAM COLWELL, b. June 06, 1884.
iii. THEOPHILLIS COLWELL, b. August 26, 1885.
iv. MARY JANE COLWELL, b. June 30, 1887, New Brunswick, Canada.
3. v. MILDRED COLWELL, b. June 23, 1891, Berry Hills, Moncton,Westmorland, New Brunswick; d. August 1973.
vi. HERBERT COLWELL, b. August 23, 1894.
4. vii. SHERMAN COLWELL, b. May 13, 1900.
Generation No. 3
3. MILDRED3 COLWELL (HENRY2, THOMAS1) was born June 23, 1891 in Berry Hills, Moncton,Westmorland, New Brunswick1, and died August 19731. She married WALTER MOREY LEACH, son of LEACH and NELLIE O'BRIEN.
Notes for MILDRED COLWELL:
This is a document, written by Mildred Colwell's Aunt Maude Corkum,as to the verification of Mildred's Date of Birth and Place of Birth. This Document was SWORN to at the City of Moncton, county Westmoreland, Province of New Brunswick, the 30th of Sept 1942, and is as follows:
Province of New Brunswick
County of Westmorland.
I, L. Maude Corkum of the City of Moncton, in the County of Westmorland and the Province of New Brunswick, Widow of the late Eli Corkum, make oath and say:
1. That Millie Leach presently of Brockton in the State of Massachusetts, one of the United States of America is my niece. I am the sister of her late father and lived beside the parents of the said Millie Leach at the time of her birth and for many years thereafter.
2. That the said Millie Leach is a daughter of the late Henry Colwell who during his lifetime and for many years resided at Berry Mills, in the Parish of Moncton, in the county of Westmorland and of Margaret Colwell, his wife, both of whom are deceased.
3. That I was sixty-four years of age on the third day of October, A.D. 1941, and I was fourteen years of age at the time of her birth. I very well remember her birth as I was at the home of her parents very frequently and in fact almost daily, and during a greater portion of that time I assisted in looking after the child and on frequent occasions Mrs. Colwell would leave me in charge of the household.
4. From my personal knowledge and intimacy with the parents of the said Millie Leach (nee Millie Colwell), I know that she was born at Berry Mills, in the Parish of Moncton, in the County of Westmorland and Province of New Brunswick on or about the twenty-third day of June, A.D. 1891.
L. Maude Corkum
Children of MILDRED COLWELL and WALTER LEACH are:
5. i. DORIS MILDRED4 LEACH, b. January 19, 1909, Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA; d. April 1985, Elkhart, IN.
6. ii. BEATRICE LEACH, b. May 24, 1914, Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA; d. June 14, 1985, Stoughton, Pylmouth Co.,MA.
7. iii. WALTER C. LEACH, b. March 13, 1916, Brockton, Pylmouth Co., MA; d. December 13, 1993, Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA.
iv. ALLEN LEACH, b. January 07, 1918, Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA2; d. September 06, 1996, Plymouth, Plymouth Co.,MA2.
8. v. VIVIAN LEACH, b. July 07, 1921, Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA; d. November 26, 1997, Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA.
4. SHERMAN3 COLWELL (HENRY2, THOMAS1) was born May 13, 1900.
Child of SHERMAN COLWELL is:
i. SHERMAN4 COLWELL,JR, b. May 06, 1926.
Generation No. 4
5. DORIS MILDRED4 LEACH (MILDRED3 COLWELL, HENRY2, THOMAS1) was born January 19, 1909 in Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA3, and died April 1985 in Elkhart, IN3. She married (1) HOBART WHITE. She married (2) LEWIS FRANCIS PALKENS, JR September 1926 in Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA, son of LEWIS PALKENS and MARY ROONEY.
Notes for DORIS MILDRED LEACH:
DORIS MILDRED WHITE, of Brockton, at 76
Brockton - Doris Mildred (Leach) White, 76, of Brockton, died Friday in a hospital in Elkhart, Ind., while staying with her daughter in Indiana. She was the wife of Hobart White.
Mrs. White was born in Brockton, daughter of late Walter M. Leach and Mildred Caldwell Leach.
She had worked as a coil winder machine operator for the Foxboro Company, retiring 10 years ago.
She was a member of the Campello Highrise Tenants Association. In addition to her husband, she is survived by her daughter, Joan D. Lucier of Elkhart, Ind.; three sons Lewis Palkens, Leroy Palkens of East Bridgewater and Wayne White of Cleveland, OH; two sisters Beatrice Savini of Avon, and Vivian Santoro of Easton; two brothers, Walter Leach of Brockton and Allen Leach of Cotuit; seven grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
The Rev. Robert Wise, pastor of Assembly of God Church, will officiate at the funeral at 11 a.m. in the Sampson Funeral Home, 309 Main St., Brockton, Interment will be in the Leach Family lot in Central Cemetery, Halifax.
Called "NANA White" by her Grand-children
Notes for LEWIS FRANCIS PALKENS, JR:
Notes From Record of Death Brocton MA. 1962 Vol.44, Page 307, Reg.#7
Lewis Francis Palkins
Residence 150 North St., Brocton MA.
Age at death: 59y/0m/22d
Occupation: Truck Driver
Place of Birth: Brocton, MA
Fathers Name: Lewis Francis Palkins
Fathers Place of Birth: Lithuania
Mothers Maiden Name: Mary Rooney
Mothers Place of Birth: Ireland
Informant: Lewis F. Palkins Jr
Burial: Avon Cemetery
Date of Burial Jan. 18, 1962
Undertaker George L. Copland
WWI- US Army
WWII - US Navy Sea Bee active service 1942 - 1945, USNR 1945 - 1947 or 48
Children of DORIS LEACH and HOBART WHITE are:
i. WAYNE C.5 WHITE.
ii. JOAN D. WHITE.
Children of DORIS LEACH and LEWIS PALKENS are:
iii. LEWIS FRANCIS5 PALKENSIII, b. July 23, 1927, Brockton, MA.
Notes for LEWIS FRANCIS PALKENSIII:
Lewis Francis Palkens III, Bachlor, affectionatly called "Babe" by all the family members.
iv. LEROY LEACH PALKINS, b. August 29, 1929, Brockton,Plymouth Co., MA4; d. September 02, 1993, Brockton, Pylmouth Co., MA4; m. PATRICIA LEE CHAMBERS, November 06, 1958, Boston, Suffolk Co.,MA.
Notes for PATRICIA LEE CHAMBERS:
Mother was residing at time of Birth: 1037 N. Fulton Ave, time in area 6mo.
6. BEATRICE4 LEACH (MILDRED3 COLWELL, HENRY2, THOMAS1) was born May 24, 1914 in Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA5, and died June 14, 1985 in Stoughton, Pylmouth Co.,MA5. She married (1) JOSEPH N. SAVINI. She married (2) PHILLIP CHASSEY.
Children of BEATRICE LEACH and JOSEPH SAVINI are:
i. JANICE5 SAVINI, m. POLISENO.
Notes for JANICE SAVINI:
Married Name: Poliseno
Address: 60 Broadway, West Yarmouth MA 02673
ii. JOHN N. SAVINI, JR..
iii. PHILLIP C. SAVINI.
Children of BEATRICE LEACH and PHILLIP CHASSEY are:
iv. JANET5 CHASSEY.
v. JANICE CHASSEY.
vi. JANE CHASSEY.
7. WALTER C.4 LEACH (MILDRED3 COLWELL, HENRY2, THOMAS1) was born March 13, 1916 in Brockton, Pylmouth Co., MA6, and died December 13, 1993 in Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA6. He met (1) RUTH B. HAYES. He married (2) MARY PROCTIO.
Notes for WALTER C. LEACH:
Headline: Walter C. Leach
Publication Date: December 14, 1993
Source: The Patriot Ledger Quincy, MA
Obituary: BROCKTON -- Walter C. Leach, 77, of Brockton, a retired employee of J.J.
Taylor Distributors in Westport, and a member of the Teamsters Union Local 526 in Fall River,
died Monday in Goddard Memorial Hospital, Stoughton, after a long illness.
He was born and lived all his life in Brockton.
He is survived by a son, Dennis Leach of South Carolina; two daughters, Suzanne Sullivan and
Leslie Trevino, both of California; a brother, Alan Leach of Cotuit; a sister, Lillian Santoro of
Brockton; a friend, Ruth B. Hayes of Brockton, and four grandchildren.
A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. Thursday in St. Mary of the Sacred Heart Church,
Route 139, Hanover. Burial will be in Central Cemetery, Halifax.
Visiting is from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday in Sullivan Funeral Home, 551 Washington, Route 53,
Children of WALTER LEACH and MARY PROCTIO are:
i. DENNIS5 LEACH, b. January 06, 1943.
ii. LESLIE LEACH, b. May 05, 1945; m. TREVINO.
iii. SUZANNE LEACH, b. October 09, 1947; m. SULLIVAN.
8. VIVIAN4 LEACH (MILDRED3 COLWELL, HENRY2, THOMAS1) was born July 07, 1921 in Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA, and died November 26, 1997 in Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA. She married JAMES SANTORO April 05, 1942 in Brockton, Plymouth Co., MA.
Child of VIVIAN LEACH and JAMES SANTORO is:
i. LINDA5 SANTORO, b. February 18, 1944, Brockton, MA; m. WILLIAM BISHOP.
1. Broderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 5, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Date of Import: Aug 30, 1997, Internal Ref. #18.104.22.168426.16
2. Broderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 5, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Date of Import: Apr 28, 1998, Internal Ref. #22.214.171.124389.49
3. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: May 5, 1997, Internal Ref. #126.96.36.199418.199
4. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: Aug 15, 1997, Internal Ref. #188.8.131.52193.27
5. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 2, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from M through Z, Date of Import: May 5, 1997, Internal Ref. #184.108.40.206361.81
6. Brøderbund Family Archive #110, Vol. 1, Ed. 4, Social Security Death Index: U.S., Social Security Death Index, Surnames from A through L, Date of Import: Aug 15, 1997, Internal Ref. #220.127.116.11549.118