Submitted by Robert Boyce - RSBDrum@aol.com
There are additional generations of this family to share. Please direct Queries and requests for source information to the email link above!
The Descendants of James Hemphill and Mary Ann Pentz
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES1 HEMPHILL was born 1808 in Beldrishan, County Antrim Ireland, and died 1892 in Georgetown PEI Canada. He married MARY ANN PENSE (PENTZ). She was born 1818 in Halifax,Nova Scotia, Canada, and died 1893 in Georgetown PEI Canada.
Children of JAMES HEMPHILL and MARY (PENTZ) are:
i. MARTHA2, b. 1835; d. 1913; m. JOSEPH C. ALLEN.
ii. MARGARET E., b. 1839; d. 1883; m. MALCOLM ALLEN.
2. iii. DAVID (DANIEL) WILLIAM, b. 1841; d. 1897.
iv. HELEN MARY, b. 1847.
v. AMELIA JESSIE, b. 1849; m. HUGH STEWART.
3. vi. SAMUEL JAMES, b. September 03, 1849, Georgetown PEI Canada; d. 1944, Georgetown PEI Canada.
vii. GEORGE ROBERT, b. 1851.
viii. JOHN JOSEPH, b. December 24, 1853; m. INA MCKEENAN.
ix. EDWARD BARTLETT, b. 1855, Georgetown PEI Canada; d. 1927, Georgetown PEI Canada; m. NELLIE GOODHUE.
x. JULIA CATHERINE, b. 1859; d. 1887; m. HIRAM WILLIAM HYDE.
Generation No. 2
2. DAVID (DANIEL)2 WILLIAM (JAMES1 HEMPHILL) was born 1841, and died 1897. He married ISABELLA ROBERTSON.
Children of DAVID WILLIAM and ISABELLA ROBERTSON are:
viii. JAMES NICHOLAS, b. 1869.
x. JOHN EDWARD, b. 1871.
xi. JULIE MARIE, b. 1885.
3. SAMUEL2 JAMES (JAMES1 HEMPHILL) was born September 03, 1849 in Georgetown PEI Canada, and died 1944 in Georgetown PEI Canada. He married (1) LIDDY WHITE. She was born 1855, and died 1944. He married (2) FANNIE ROBERTS November 01, 1876 in Georgetown PEI Canada. She was born in Murray Harbor P.E.I. Canada, and died in Georgetown PEI Canada.
Marriage Notes for SAMUEL JAMES and FANNIE ROBERTS:
Notes from Aunte Betty (Chesholm)
My Mother had one sister named Annie Married to John (Jack) MacPhee, lived in Annadale & Georgetown PEI. Buried in the English Cemetary Georgetown. Mr Grandfather remarried after the death of his first wife - My mothers mother. Then he had one boy James and two daughters Ruth & Bella. Bella married a MacNeil. They had one daughter Helen and three sons Samuel (Sammy), Robert (Bobby) and Richard (Dick). Aunt Ruth had no children. Aunt Ana had no children. Uncle Jim had one daughter Ruth (Toots) and three sons James Jr. Jackie or John and Richard (Dickie)
Children of SAMUEL JAMES and LIDDY WHITE are:
4. i. ISABELLA3, b. 1893.
5. iii. JIM, b. 1887.
Children of SAMUEL JAMES and FANNIE ROBERTS are:
6. iv. ELIZABETH MAUDE3 HEMPHILL, b. September 11, 1879, Georgetown PEI Canada; d. 1958, Somerville, MA.
v. ANNIE HAMPHILL, b. 1875; m. JOHN (JACK) MACPHEE; b. Annadale P.E.I Canada; d. Georgetown PEI Canada.
vi. FANNY LOUISA.
Generation No. 3
4. ISABELLA3 (SAMUEL2 JAMES, JAMES1 HEMPHILL) was born 1893. She married MACNEIL.
Children of ISABELLA and MACNEIL are:
i. SAMUEL4 (SAMMY).
ii. ROBERT (BOBBY).
iii. RICHARD (DICKIE).
5. JIM3 (SAMUEL2 JAMES, JAMES1 HEMPHILL) was born 1887.
Children of JIM are:
i. RUTH4 (TOOTS).
ii. JAMES JR.
iii. JACKIE (JOHN).
iv. RICHARD (DICKIE).
6. ELIZABETH MAUDE3 HEMPHILL (SAMUEL2 JAMES, JAMES1 HEMPHILL) was born September 11, 1879 in Georgetown PEI Canada, and died 1958 in Somerville, MA. She married JOHN HERBERT BOYCE 1901 in Cambridge, MA, son of JOHN BOYCE and PRICILLA ALCHORN. He was born June 17, 1874 in Mermaid PEI Canada, and died 1965 in Boston, MA.
Children of ELIZABETH HEMPHILL and JOHN BOYCE are:
i. RICHARD HERBERT4 BOYCE, b. February 09, 1906, Cambridge, MA; d. November 09, 1987, 303A Beacon St.Somerville, MA; m. EMILY ADELINE WEBSTER, November 21, 1936, Brookline, MA; b. April 22, 1912, Cardigan PEI Canada.
ii. GLADYS MAY BOYCE, b. January 17, 1903, Cambridge, MA; d. 1983, Milton, MA.; m. JOHN CHARLES MACDONALD JR.; b. February 18, 1910.
iii. HELEN BOYCE, b. July 21, 1910, 303A Beacon St. Somerville, Ma; m. JACK SIMPSON; b. October 02, 1911, Milngarie Glasgow, Scotland; d. June 1972, Northboro, MA.
iv. ELIZABETH MAUDE BOYCE, b. June 14, 1919, Somerville, MA; d. March 13, 1986, Somerville, MA; m. LYMAN WILLARD CHISHOLM, Dorchester, MA; b. September 01, 1916, Medford, MA; d. March 13, 1995, Somerville, MA.