Submitted by John Albert - firstname.lastname@example.org
There are additional generations of this family to share. Please direct Queries and requests for source information to the email link above!
The Descendents of Thomas JONES and Helene GALLANT
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS JONES was born 1812 in New Brunswick. He married HELENE GALLANT born 22 March 1822 in Quebec. Thomas was a fisherman and farmer. They had 8 children. The first 2 children were born in Quebec. Thomas and Helene moved To Grand Anse, New Brunswick before 1848. There Helene gave birth to 6 more children, John,Thomas, Sara, George, Robert and Elizabeth. Four of their children moved to Roseville, LOT 4, Prince Edward Island.
Generation No. 2
Children of THOMAS JONES and HELENE GALLANT are:
2. i. WILLIAM JONES born 10 January 1836 Quebec. Died before 1918.
3. ii. MARY JONES born 15 September 1938 Quebec.
iii. JOHN JONES born 1848 Grand Anse NB.
4. iv. THOMAS JONES born 1850 Grand Anse NB.
v. SARA JONES born 1851 Grand Anse NB.
5. vi. GEORGE JONES born 11 May 1855 Grand Anse NB. Died about 1939.
6. vii. ROBERT JONES born 7 June 1857 Grand Anse NB.
viii. ELIZABETH JONES born 1861 Grand Anse NB.
Generation No. 3
2. WILLIAM JONES (THOMAS) born 10 January 1836 in Quebec. Died before 1918. He married (1) PHILOMENE THERIAULT. She was born in 1839 in Grand Anse NB, daughter of FRANCOIS D’AISSES THERIAULT and JUDITH DUGAS. He married (2) PHEBY ----------. She was born 11 September 1955 in PEI.
Children of WILLIAM JONES and (1) PHILOMENE THERIAULT are:
7. i. WILLIAM JONES born 10 November 1868 in Quebec.
ii. MARIE JONES born 1869 Grand Anse NB.
8. iii. THOMAS JONES born 1871 Grand Anse NB married AGNES M. MACDONALD.
iv. PHILIP JONES went California, USA.
Children of WILLIAM JONES and (2) PHEBY ---------- are:
vii. ADAM JONES born 20 May 1883 PEI.
viii. JAMES JONES born 8 December 1885 PEI.
ix. JOSEPHINE JONES born 26 September 1888 PEI.
x. MARY JONES born 24 December 1892 PEI.
xi. HENRY JONES born 3 October 1895 PEI.
xii. GEORGE A. JONES born 31 July 1896 PEI.
xiii. CHARLES JONES born 4 September 1897 PEI.
xiv. JOHN A. JONES born 3 September 1899 PEI.
3. MARY JONES (THOMAS) born 15 September 1838 in Quebec. Died 29 May 1923 in PEI. She married PIERRE ALBERT known as CAMILLE, (HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) 4 August 1862 in Caraquet NB at the Parish of Saint-Pierre-Aux-Liens. Pierre was born 18 March 1836 in Grand Anse NB and died 20 May 1914 in PEI. Mary and Pierre are buried at St. Marks Cemetery, Burton, Lot 7 PEI.
Children of MARY JONES and PIERRE ALBERT are:
9. i. SARA J. ALBERT born 15 April 1864 Grand Anse NB.
ii. MARY ALBERT born 1864 Grand Anse NB.
10. iii. JOSEPH IVAN ALBERT born 10 June 1865 Grand Anse NB.
11. iv. PIERRE FRANCOIS ALBERT born Grand Anse NB.
12. v. JOHN CHARLES ALBERT born 28 Sep 1871 Grand Anse NB.
13. vi. ELIZABETH ALBERT born 22 October 1873 Grand Anse NB.
14. vii. MARY ELLEN ALBERT born 1876 Grand Anse NB.
viii. LUCY ALBERT born 8 December 1878 Grand Anse NB.
ix. MARGARET ANN ALBERT born 8 August 1881 Tignish PEI.
x. JOHN A. ALBERT born 30 April 1895 PEI.
xi. MAGGIE MAY ALBERT born 12 May 1895 PEI. Died 21 July 1908 PEI. Buried with her parents at St. Marks, Burton, Lot 7 PEI.
4. THOMAS JONES (THOMAS) born 1850 Grand Anse NB. Married FRANCOISE DIGNARD
Child of THOMAS JONES and FRANCOISE DIGNARD is:
i. MARY JONES born 20 August 1876 Island River NB (Lameque)
5. GEORGE JONES (THOMAS) born 11 May 1855 Grand Anse NB. He married, 19 October 1880 in Tignish PEI, HENRIETTA LEBEL born 26 Jun 1858 St Louis de Kamouraska Quebec, baptized 1 January 1862. She died 30 December 1935. She was the daughter of Octave LEBEL and MARIE EMERANCE MIGNIER-LAGACE.
Children of GEORGE JONES and HENRIETTA LEBEL are:
i. FRANCIS JONES born 4 August 1881 PEI.
15. ii. SARAH JANE JONES born 17 October 1883 PEI.
iii. ALBERT JONES born 12 April 1885 PEI.
iv. MARY NELLIE JONES born 18 May 1888 PEI.
v. MARY LIZZIE JONES born 1 October 1890 PEI.
vi. WILLIAM JONES born 1 July 1893 PEI.
vii. FREDERICK J. JONES born 12 December 1895 PEI.
viii. ELIZA JONES born 4 August 1897 PEI.
ix. GEORGE JONES 1 October 1900 PEI.
6. ROBERT JONES (THOMAS) born 7 June 1857 Grand Anse NB. Married 20 November 1880 ELIZABETH BERNARD born 20 August 1861. He was buried in Lot 7.
Children of ROBERT JONES and ELIZABETH BERNARD are:
i. MAGGIE JONES
ii. LAVINA JONES married ---------- KEOUGH
iii. There were at least 7 more children in this family!
Generation No. 4
7. WILLIAM JONES (WILLIAM, THOMAS) born 10 November 1868 in Quebec. He married ANNABELLA TRAINOR born 11 August 1875 in PEI.
Children of WILLIAM JONES and ANNABELLA TRAINOR are:
i. ANNIE LAURA JONES born 23 September 1895 PEI.
ii. WILLIAM M. JONES born 30 August 1896 PEI.
iii. MARY GENEVA JONES born 26 January 1898.
iv. PIUS JONES born 1897.
v. VERONICA JONES born 1905.
vi. JOE JONES.
vii. AGNES JONES.
viii. MAE JONES.
ix. STEVE JONES.
x. ELVA JONES.
xi. EVERETT JONES born 1920.
8. THOMAS JONES (WILLIAM, THOMAS) born 1871 Grand Anse NB, married 28 September 1904 in PEI or [Berlin/Taunton] NH to AGNES MATILDA MACDONALD. She was born 1881 in PEI. They farmed in Souris PEI and moved to Dorchester, Massachusetts in 1919.
Children of THOMAS JONES and AGNES MATILDA MACDONALD are:
i. ANNA ALICE JONES.
ii. WILLAIM ELWIN JONES.
iii. MARY ETHEL JONES born 17 November 1915 in PEI. Died 16 December 2000.
iv. IRENE JONES.
9. SARA J. ALBERT (MARY, THOMAS) born 15 April 1864 Grand Anse NB. She married 11 September 1882 JOSEPH MAILLET born 3 June 1848 PEI, son of ANSELME MAILLET and FRANCOISE ARSENAULT. The name MAILLET, when spoken in french, has a "Y" sound. That’s how it got anglicized to MEYERS on the 1901 Census.
Children of SARA J. ALBERT and JOSEPH MAILLET are:
i. SAM MAILLET born 23 September 1883 PEI.
ii. ALICE MAILLET born 8 December 1886 PEI.
iii. GEORGE E. MAILLET born 27 October 1888 PEI.
iv. MARY E. MAILLET born 27 February 1891 PEI.
v. NAPOLEON MAILLET born 29 December 1892 PEI.
vi. ELIZABETH A. MAILLET born 11 June 1894 PEI.
vii. JOSEPH A. MAILLET born 18 April 1896 PEI.
viii. JOHN P. MAILLET born 4 December 1898 PEI.
ix. JOSEPH N. MAILLET born 6 March 1901 PEI.
10. JOSEPH IVAN ALBERT (MARY, THOMAS) born 10 June 1865 Grand Anse NB. Died 1954 PEI. Married 11 September 1893 HENRIETTA VINCENT born 9 March 1878 PEI, daughter of HENRY VINCENT and ELIZABETH ----------.
Children of JOSEPH IVAN ALBERT and HENRIETTA VINCENT are:
16. i. WILLIAM NELSON ALBERT born 18 September 1893 Lot 4 PEI.
Married MAUDE SIMMONDS. They are buried in Stratford ON.
ii. PETER JOSEPH ALBERT born 24 July 1895 PEI
11. PIERRE FRANCOIS ALBERT (MARY, THOMAS) born 1867 Grand Anse, Gloucester County NB, died 15 February 1944 St. Louis PEI, married 7 January 1895 ELIZABETH THIBODEAU. Also known as ALIZA or MARGUERITE. She was the daughter of JEAN THIBODEAU and FRANCOISE POIRIER. This was her second marriage. She brought 2 of her 3 children to this union.
Children raised by PIERRE FRANCOIS ALBERT and ELIZABETH THIBODEAU are:
17. i. HENRY ALBERT married KATHERINE GAUDET. They had a very large family.
ii. FANNY ALBERT married HARLEM McCORMICK
12. JOHN CHARLES ALBERT (MARY, THOMAS) born 28 September 1871 Grand Anse, Gloucester County, NB known as JOHNNIE. Baptized 29 September 1872 at St. Famille Bathurst, Gloucester County, NB. Died 29 March 1949 in Robinsonville, Restigouche County, NB. Married 20 September 1901 PEI, ROSANNE HACHE born 20 April 1883 Tignish PEI. Baptized 13 May 1883 Tignish PEI. Died 8 January 1921 in Ferguson Manor NB during 13th pregnancy from peripheral bleeding. She was the daughter of ABRAHAM HACHE and ELIZABETH CLEMENT known as Marguerite. (Known Lineages)
Rosanne’s parents are buried in Atholville NB.
Children of JOHN CHARLES ALBERT and ROSANNE HACHE are:
18. i. JOSEPH HENRY ALBERT born 1902 PEI married (1) 28 Dec 1922 FLORENCE L. MYLES. (2) BEATRICE GOLDING.
ii. GEORGE ALBERT born PEI or Atholville NB. Went to Chicago?
19. iii. MARY ADELIA ALBERT known as DELINA born 12 November 1905 Shives Athol. Restigouche County NB married CYRUS PINAULT born about 1892.
iv. LUCY ALBERT born Atholville NB married JACK CHURCHILL in BC.
20. v. ODEMEE ALBERT born 27 May 1915 Atholville NB. Known as O’dae, Mae & " La Love" married PHILIP SALESSES/SILAS They had 12 children.
vi. FEMALE LIVING
21. vii. PIERRE NARCISSE ALBERT known as PETER, born 17 September 1917 Atholville NB. Died 9 February 1988 Trenton ON. He lived in Miminegash and Howlan PEI.
13. ELIZABETH ALBERT (MARY, THOMAS) born 22 October 1873 Grand Anse NB. Died 17 May 1945 Montreal Quebec. Married 27 November 1894, THOMAS TRAINOR born 25 November 1867. Died 16 November 1940 Lot 7 PEI, son of JAMES TRAINOR and BRIDGET MONAHAN. They were both born in Ireland.
Children of ELIZABETH ALBERT and THOMAS TRAINOR are:
i. ELIZABETH SARAH TRAINOR born 20 November 1898 PEI.
ii. MARGARET G. TRAINOR born 9 December 1896 PEI.
iii. JAMES P. TRAINOR born 16 February 1901 PEI.
14. MARY ELLEN ALBERT (MARY, THOMAS) born 1876 Grand Anse NB. She died in 1958. She Married JOSEPH F. GALLANT known as Joseph Phoebee and "Joe P" son of FABIEN GALLANT and PHILOMENE GALLANT.
Children of MARY ELLEN ALBERT and JOSEPH F. GALLANT are:
i. PETER JOSEPH GALLANT born 14 October 1900. Died 6 January 1971.
ii. RITA GALLANT.
iii. WILLIAM GALLANT married ROSE ELLA CLEMENT.
iv. GEORGE GALLANT.
v. JACK GALLANT.
15. SARAH JANE JONES (GEORGE, THOMAS) born 17 October 1883 in PEI, died 19 January 1930. She married BENJAMINE MURPHY born 16 August 1879 in Sea View PEI, son of PETER MURPHY and HARRIOT AMANDA CROSSMAN. They had 10 children.
Children of SARAH JANE JONES and BENJAMINE MURPHY are:
i. WINNIFRED MAY MURPHY born 17 June 1907. Died 1986.
ii. ELMIRA ELIZABETH MURPHY born 1 April 1909. Died 1993.
iii. PETER LEONARD MURPHY born 25 June 1913. Died 9 March 1975 in London ON.
iv. JEANETTE LOUISA MURPHY born 15 April 1917. Died 29 November 1981 Windsor ON.
22. v. FREDERICK WILLIAM MURPHY born 28 May 1919. Died 15 November 1985.
vi. VELDA SARAH MURPHY born 8 March 1920. Died 19 October 1959.
vii. LOIS AMANDA MURPHY born 22 February 1923. Died about 1985.
Generation No. 5
16. WILLIAM NELSON ALBERT (JOSEPH IVAN, MARY, THOMAS) born 18 September 1893 in PEI. He married MAUDE SIMMONDS. William was a policeman in Alberton PEI.
Children of WILLIAM NELSON ALBERT and MAUDE SIMMONDS are:
23. i. EDLOW CLEMENT ALBERT born 22 October 1915. Died about 1996.
24. ii. WILLIAM HENRY ALBERT born 15 December 1920. Died 31 March 1995.
iii. CALVIN ALBERT died young.
17. HENRY ALBERT (PIERRE FRANCOIS, MARY, THOMAS) born 1905 in Miminegash PEI, died 7 August 1991 at Palmer Road PEI. He married in 1925 KATHERINE GAUDET daughter of FRANCOIS GAUDET and MARIE JANE CHIASSON. She was born 9 October 1907 and died 15 September 1981.
16 of their 24 children lived to adulthood.
18. JOSEPH HENRY ALBERT (JOHN CHARLES, MARY, THOMAS) was born about 1902 in PEI. Known as Joe. Married (1) on 28 December 1922 in the Parish of Addington New Brunswick FLORENCE LORETTA MYLES. She was born 1904 in Tidehead NB. Died 1990 in Toronto ON. She was the daughter of ARCHIBALD GORDON MYLES and MARY ANN MANN. They had 9 children. Joe worked in LOUIS ROBICHAUD political campaigns. He married (2) BEATRICE GOLDING. They had 1 daughter.
19. MARIE ADELIA ALBERT (JOHN CHARLES, MARY, THOMAS) born 12 Nov 1905 in Shives Athol NB. Known as Delina. Married CYRUS PINAULT known as Cy. He was born about 1892, son of FIDELE PINEAU and MARIE DOIRON. They had 2 boys.
20. ODEMEE ALBERT (JOHN CHARLES, MARY, THOMAS) was known as Mae, born 27 May 1915 in Atholville, Restigouche Co. NB, died in 6 September 1999 in Cobourg Ontario, married in 1932 PHILLIP SALESSES, born 26 December 1909, died 22 December 1990, son of DANIEL MELVIN "The MAJOR" SALESSES and FLORE PELLETIER. They had 12 children.
21. PIERRE NARCISSE ALBERT (JOHN CHARLES, MARY, THOMAS) known as PETER, was born 17 September 1917 in Atholville Restigouche County New Brunswick. He died 9 February 1988 in Frankford Ontario. He married in London, England during WWII to JESSE GLADYS. No known children. Had 2 children with his 2nd spouse. He had worked for EDWARD GALLANT at Miminegash Wharf.
22. FREDERICK WILLIAM MURPHY (SARAH JANE, GEORGE, THOMAS) born 28 May 1919 in PEI, died 15 November 1985, married HELEN IRENE CHAMPION
Generation No. 6
23. EDLOW CLEMENT ALBERT (WILLIAM NELSON, JOSEPH IVAN, MARY, THOMAS) born 22 October 1915. Married in 1936 LAVINA GAVIN daughter of PETER GAVIN and BERTHA POWER. They had 5 children.
24. WILLIAM HENRY ALBERT (WILLIAM NELSON, JOSEPH IVAN, MARY, THOMAS) born 15 December 1920. Died 31 March 1995. Married 1944 in March Cambridgeshire England, GLADYS TOWNSEND born 28 July 1920, died 27 November 1997, daughter of WILLIAM JAMES TOWNSEND and SARAH STAFFORD. They had 1 son.