The original version of this file was submitted by Carol Mackenzie
It is with deep regret that we must pass along the news of Carol's death which occured on March 22, 2002. Please see above link for Carol's Obituary.
Arliss Archer - firstname.lastname@example.org is also researching this family.
Descendants of Thomas MacKenzie and Lucinda Haycock/Hickox
Generation No. 1
1. THOMAS1 MACKENZIE died Bef. 1861 in Cable Head, P.E.I. He married LUCY HAYCOCK (LUCINDA HICKOX) November 26, 1813 in St. Paul's Anglican Church, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
Notes for THOMAS MACKENZIE:
Thomas' birth date and any other personal information is unknown to me at this time. However he is in the same age group and same area of Cable Head, St. Peter's Bay to be a son of John McKenzie and Margaret MacKinnon who I believe have the following children:
A. Janet (Jane) McKenzie, St. Paul's Anglican Church Records, father John McKenzie mother Margaret, born 10th or 15th Dec 1789, bapt. 13 Oct 1790 by Rev. T. Desbrisay. I believe Janet (the name is also known as Jane, Jennie, etc.) married William McLaren Sr. b. 1784 of Cable Head West, PEI.
B. John McKenzie: Islander - Nov 10, 1871, pg. 3. Died at the Head of St. Peter's Bay on the 24 October, Mr. John McKenzie, sen., in the 76th year of his age, leaving a widow, five sons and four daughters, and a large circle of relatives and friends to mourn their loss. (John was born in 1795 according to his age at death)
C. Mary McKenzie, St. Paul's Anglican Church Records, father John McKenzie, mother Margaret MacKinnon, b. 17 May 1813, bapt. 7 July 1813.
The three oldest children of Thomas and Lucy; John, Thomas Edmund and Robert Alexander were baptized by Rev. L. C. Jenkins; the rest were baptized by Rev. T. Desbrisay at St. Paul's Anglican Church.
Notes for LUCY HAYCOCK (LUCINDA HICKOX): During the 1861 Census, Lucy MacKenzie head of household, two males under 5, one female from 5 to 16, one female from 16 to 21, one female from 21 to 45, one female over 60. There are no adult males! It is quite likely that Lucy is the female over 60 years old making her born before 1800. The 1871 Land Records show that Lucy held 47 acres of land in Cable Head in 1841.
This is the death notice from The Protestant and Evangelical Witness, Sat. Jan. 21, 1865:
At Cable Head, Kings County on the 16 Dec. 1864, Mrs. McKenzie, widow of the late Thomas McKenzie, leaving a large circle of friends to mourn her departure. "Be ye also ready, for in such an hour as ye think not the son of man cometh".
Marriage Notes for THOMAS MACKENZIE and LUCY HICKOX): Marriage record taken from St. Paul's Ang. Church, by Rev. T. Desbisary. I have a copy of their marriage certificate.
Children of THOMAS MACKENZIE and LUCY HICKOX) are:
2. i. JOHN2 MACKENZIE, b. September 26, 1814, Cable Head P.E.I; d. June 22, 1891, buried at Midgell Cemetery, Midgell, P.E.I.
3. ii. THOMAS EDMUND YOUNG MACKENZIE, b. October 6, 1816; d. 1888.
iii. ROBERT ALEXANDER MACKENZIE, b. November 20, 1818, Cable Head, P.E.I.
4. iv. GEORGE MACKENZIE, b. February 9, 1821, Cable Head, P.E.I; d. 1892, Cable Head, P.E.I.
5. v. WILLIAM MACKENZIE, b. March 2, 1823, Cable Head, P.E.I.
vi. ALEXANDER MACKENZIE, b. November 3, 1825.
6. vii. EDMUND MACKENZIE, b. May 2, 1827, Cable Head, P.E.I.
7. viii. MARGARET E. MACKENZIE, b. September 26, 1830, Cable Head, P.E.I; d. February 11, 1889, Buried at Bay Fortune Cemetery, P.E.I.
ix. SARAH MACKENZIE, b. April 23, 1833, Cable Head, P.E.I.
x. ELIZABETH MACKENZIE, b. September 26, 1836, Cable Head, P.E.I.
Notes for ELIZABETH MACKENZIE:
There is an Elizabeth McKenzie, born in 1836 living in the house hold of Daniel Docherty in the 1881 Census.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 MACKENZIE (THOMAS1) was born September 26, 1814 in Cable Head P.E.I, and died June 22, 1891 in buried at Midgell Cemetery, Midgell, P.E.I. He married CHRISTINA/CHRISTYANN.
Notes for JOHN MACKENZIE: Living in John's household in 1881 Census is Christie Sanderson age 5 years and Peter McLeod ages 20.
Notes for CHRISTINA/CHRISTYANN: Christina's age according to 1901 census.
Child of JOHN MACKENZIE and CHRISTINA/CHRISTYANN is:
8. i. WILLIAM3 MACKENZIE, b. January 3, 1842, Cable Head , P.E.I.
3. THOMAS EDMUND YOUNG2 MACKENZIE (THOMAS1) was born October 6, 1816, and died 1888. He married CATHERINE.
Notes for THOMAS EDMUND YOUNG MACKENZIE: Thomas Edmund's wifes maiden name is unknown at this time. He was a fisherman in 1881 and Elizabeth Simmons age 4 years, probably the daughter of Annie, lived in his household. 1891 Census lists Thomas Edmund as a widower aged 74 years and his oldest son Alexander as 41 years old.
Lib. 13, Fol. 138 Will of Thomas Edmund Young MacKenzie of Cable Head, Lot 41, registered on 26 March 1888 and proved 7 March 1892.
son Alexander - 61 acres and all personal property and was to look after his wife Catherine
dau - Annie Simondson - 1 milch cow.
Children of THOMAS MACKENZIE and CATHERINE are:
i. ALEXANDER3 MACKENZIE, b. March 22, 1849; m. ELLEN G..
Notes for ELLEN G.:
Ellen's maiden name maybe Garrett.
ii. FRANKLIN MACKENZIE, b. 1853.
iii. HENRY MACKENZIE, b. 1856.
iv. WILLIAM MACKENZIE, b. 1858.
9. v. ANNIE MACKENZIE, b. 1862.
4. GEORGE2 MACKENZIE (THOMAS1) was born February 9, 1821 in Cable Head, P.E.I. and died 1892 in Cable Head, P.E.I. He married CHRISTYANN.
Notes for GEORGE MACKENZIE: George's age came from birth records and there is a discrepancy between them and the 1891 census of about 2 years. I am using his birth record which would make him born in 1821. He owned a Blacksmith Shop in Cable Head just past the Leslie Grist Mill across from the Baptist Church on the William McLaren Jr. property. George's death date is from his will, housed in Provincial Archives, Charlottetown, P.E.I. Living with George and ChristyAnn in the 1881 Census is their grandson (Robert) George aged 4 years.
His Will reads; Reg. 16 Apr. 1892 and Provincial, 28 Sept. 1892.
George MacKenzie of Cable Head
Wife - Christy - 1/3 of my possessions.
Son - George - farm.
Grandson - George Robert - 2 fishing nets.
William McKenzie of Cable Head - executor.
Notes for CHRISTYANN: Christie was born 2 May 1816, from the 1901 Census, she was living with her son George MacKenzie.
Children of GEORGE MACKENZIE and CHRISTYANN are:
10. i. MARGARET3 MACKENZIE, b. 1849, Cable Head West, P.E.I.
11. ii. GEORGE MACKENZIE, b. March 1, 1854, Cable Head west , P.E.I; d. February 13, 1929, Cable Head West, P.E.I.
iii. HENRY MACKENZIE, b. 1854.
5. WILLIAM2 MACKENZIE (THOMAS1) was born March 2, 1823 in Cable Head, P.E.I. He married MARY.
Children of WILLIAM MACKENZIE and MARY are:
i. ALFRED3 MACKENZIE, b. 1853.
ii. HENRIETTA MACKENZIE, b. 1856.
iii. GEORGE MACKENZIE, b. 1860.
iv. ANNA MACKENZIE, b. 1863.
v. WALLACE MACKENZIE, b. 1868.
6. EDMUND2 MACKENZIE (THOMAS1) was born May 2, 1827 in Cable Head, P.E.I. He married CHRISTIE ANN GARRETT January 28, 1857.
Notes for EDMUND MACKENZIE: Edmund was a fisherman from 1881 census.
Marriage Notes for EDMUND MACKENZIE and CHRISTIE GARRETT: Edmund McKenzie married Christie Garrett, 28 January 1857, by Henry Crawford, witnesses were James Garrett and Thomas McKenzie, 1856 - 1863 bk 7, p. 126.
Children of EDMUND MACKENZIE and CHRISTIE GARRETT are:
12. i. MARY JANE3 MACKENZIE, b. Abt. 1858, St. Peter's Bay, Prince Edward Island, Lot 41; d. May 5, 1930, Roslindale, Mass., USA, buried in Peoples Cemetery, Charlottetown, P.E.I..
13. ii. MARGARET ANN MACKENZIE, b. Abt. 1860, Cable Head , P.E.I; d. March 26, 1900.
14. iii. PRISCILLA MACKENZIE, b. Abt. 1862.
iv. JAMES MACKENZIE, b. June 7, 1864.
v. JOHN A. MACKENZIE, b. 1869.
Notes for JOHN A. MACKENZIE: John was a house carpenter.
vi. GEORGE H. MACKENZIE, b. 1870.
Notes for GEORGE H. MACKENZIE: George was a house carpenter.
7. MARGARET E.2 MACKENZIE (THOMAS1) was born September 26, 1830 in Cable Head, P.E.I. and died February 11, 1889. Buried at Bay Fortune Cemetery, P.E.I. She married WILLIAM BANKS October 6, 1859 in John C. Underhay, Esq., J. P.
Notes for MARGARET E. MACKENZIE:
Margaret is Williamís second wife.
Notes for WILLIAM BANKS: William is the son of George Banks born 1790, and Mary MacKenzie, (Could this be the Mary MacKenzie mentioned aboue) she was born at St. Peter's Bay and died 1868 Annadale, P.E.I. He first married Mary Simonds and second Margaret MacKenzie.
Marriage Notes for MARGARET MACKENZIE and WILLIAM BANKS: At Grand River on Thursday, the 6th inst, by John C. Underhay, Esq., J. P., Mr. William Banks, Grand River, to Margaret, daughter of Mr. Thomas McKenzie, Cable Head. "The Examiner" Oct 10, 1859.
Children of MARGARET MACKENZIE and WILLIAM BANKS are:
i. MARY ANN3 BANKS, b. Abt. 1860.
ii. LYDIA "LIDDIE" BANKS.
iii. ADA EMMA BANKS, b. Abt. 1874.
Generation No. 3
8. WILLIAM3 MACKENZIE (JOHN2, THOMAS1) was born January 3, 1842 in Cable Head, P.E.I. He married EUPHEMIA DOHERTY February 19, 1870.
Notes for WILLIAM MACKENZIE: His father and mother, John age 76 and Christina age 69 were living with William in the 1891 Census.
Children of WILLIAM MACKENZIE and EUPHEMIA DOHERTY are:
i. CHRISTIE ANN4 MACKENZIE, b. 1871.
ii. DANIEL A. MACKENZIE, b. February 25, 1873.
iii. ADA J. MACKENZIE, b. March 30, 1875.
iv. MAGGIE M. MACKENZIE, b. September 8, 1884.
v. ELIZABETH MACKENZIE, b. September 8, 1886.
vi. JAMES T. MACKENZIE, b. December 1, 1888, Cable Head West , P.E.I.
Notes for JAMES T. MACKENZIE: James, " son of Mr. and Mrs. William MacKenzie was born in Cable Head West on a farm next to John Henry Simons' home. Jim left home as a teenager after his mother's death. He enlisted in the British Columbia Artillery and no trace of him has been found after this period." (source: They Chose To Serve, St Peter's Bay Memorial Historical Society)
9. ANNIE3 MACKENZIE (THOMAS EDMUND YOUNG2, THOMAS1) was born 1862. She married JOHN MCKAY SIMONDSON (SIMONS)
Child of ANNIE MACKENZIE and JOHN SIMONDSON is:
i. ELIZABETH4 SIMONDSON, b. 1877.
Notes for ELIZABETH SIMONDSON: Living in the household of Thomas McKenzie in the 1881 Census as Elizabeth Simmons aged 4 years.
10. MARGARET3 MACKENZIE (GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born 1849 in Cable Head West, P.E.I. She married DAVIS MCLAREN August 30, 1878, son of JOHN MCLAREN and CHARLOTTE MORROW.
Notes for MARGARET MACKENZIE: Margaret (Maggie) was born in 1849 and lived at John MacLaren's home during the 1881 census, she was 32 years old. Maggie was the oldest daughter of George MacKenzie, who operated a Blacksmith Shop in Cable Head. (Vernon MacLarenís, MacLarens of Cable Head, and my geneology search on MacKenzie Family.)
Notes for DAVIS MCLAREN: Davis was a farmer in the 1891 census, his full name is Brenton Davis McLaren.
Children of MARGARET MACKENZIE and DAVIS MCLAREN are:
15. i. MINNIE4 MACLAREN, b. June 9, 1879, Cable Head West,P.E.I.
ii. ERNEST MACLAREN, b. October 10, 1881, Cable Head West, P.E.I; d. September 4, 1956, Toronto,Ont., Canada; m. SARAH JANE GILLESPIE, July 16, 1912.
Notes for ERNEST MACLAREN: Ernest lived in Lot 40, P.E.I. during 1891 census age 9, he was a train conductor on the Charlottetown to Souris run and died in Toronto, Ont., Canada. (Vernon McLaren) Ernest MacLaren, died 2 Sept 1963 age 85, entry Sept. 5, 1963 page 190, Montague Funeral Home, Montague, P.E.I. If Ernest was 85 years old at the time of his death he should have been born in 1878 not 1881.
He is buried at the People's Cemetery, stone 1015, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
Notes for SARAH JANE GILLESPIE: Sarah Jane was born in Cape Traverse, P.E.I. on 22 Aug 1883, her parents are James Gillespie and Sarah Campbell following is the 1891 census in the home of James Gillespie (52) his wife Sarah (Campbell) Gillespie (48) their children: James (18), Euphemia (17), Mary R. (15), William E. (13), Thomas B. (11) and Sarah (7). James was a farmer and both his parents came from Scotland. His wife Sarah's parents were born in P.E.I.
Marriage Notes for ERNEST MACLAREN and SARAH GILLESPIE: License to Rev. David McLean. Bondsman Ewen Cameron.
16. iii. ADDISON MACLAREN, b. November 3, 1883, Cable Head West, P.E.I; d. April 7, 1937.
iv. IDA S. MACLAREN, b. September 22, 1884, Cable Head West, P.E.I..
Notes for IDA S. MACLAREN: Lived Lot 40, P.E.I. during 1891 census age 5. Ida did not marry.
11. GEORGE3 MACKENZIE (GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born March 1, 1854 in Cable Head West, P.E.I. and died February 13, 1929 in Cable Head West, P.E.I. He married MARGARET ANDERSON January 9, 1885.
Notes for GEORGE MACKENZIE: George's birthdate is from the 1901 Census. Maple Leaf Magazine April 1929, p. 125 death - In Cable Head West on Feb 13, George McKenzie aged 77.
Notes for MARGARET ANDERSON: Her birthdate is from the 1901 Census. The Daily Examiner January 9, 1885, pg. 3, names George McKenzie married to Margaret Anderson.
Marriage Notes for GEORGE MACKENZIE and MARGARET ANDERSON: Book 1, pg. 24 , No. 469. Zion Presbyterian Church Records, (R. McLure Collection), Rev. John McLeod, Bondsman Rev. Dan McNeill, witnesses E. E. McLeod and S. L. McLeod.
Daily Examiner - Jan. 9, 1885, married, "At the Manse, on the 30th inst., by Rev. J. MacLeod. Mr. George McKenzie to Miss Margaret Anderson both of St. Peter's Bay."
Children of GEORGE MACKENZIE and MARGARET ANDERSON are:
17. i. "BOB" ROBERT GEORGE4 MACKENZIE, b. April 6, 1877, Cable Head, P.E.I; d. March 12, 1942, Charlottetown, P.E.I.
18. ii. HELEN MAY MACKENZIE, b. August 27, 1887; d. May 2, 1963, buried Midgell Cemetery.
iii. NELLIE MACKENZIE, b. January 3, 1888; m. R. BREWER AULD.
Notes for NELLIE MACKENZIE: From The Maple Leaf, Oakland, California, U.S.A. April 1936 edition.- "Died in Freetown, P.E.I. on Feb 27 1936. R. Brewer Auld age 40 leaving behind a widow (Nee Nettie MacKenzie) of Granville, two children, his mother a brother and two sisters."
12. MARY JANE3 MACKENZIE (EDMUND2, THOMAS1) was born Abt. 1858 in St. Peter's Bay, Prince Edward Island, Lot 41, and died May 5, 1930 in Roslindale, Mass., USA, buried in Peoples Cemetery, Charlottetown, P.E.I. She married DARIUS GARRETT September 11, 1880.
Notes for DARIUS GARRETT: Darius is buried in a Charlottetown Cemetery 33 # 12, Lot 33, P.E.I.
Marriage Notes for MARY MACKENZIE and DARIUS GARRETT: By Marriage Bondsman was John Hayden, Farmer of St. Peter's Bay, Minister was Robert C. Gunn.
Children of MARY MACKENZIE and DARIUS GARRETT are:
i. JOHN WELLINGTON4 GARRETT, b. April 24, 1881; d. July 22, 1953.
ii. LOTTE MAY GARRETT, b. December 5, 1883.
iii. BERTHA E. GARRETT, b. Abt. 1885; d. 1952.
iv. ERNEST GARRETT, b. January 1, 1886.
v. ELLA JANE GARRETT, b. February 5, 1889; d. May 21, 1982.
13. MARGARET ANN3 MACKENZIE (EDMUND2, THOMAS1) was born Abt. 1860 in Cable Head, P.E.I. and died March 26, 1900. She married (1) WELLINGTON MUGFORD August 24, 1881. She married (2) JOSEPH CLARK Bef. May 1891.
Children of MARGARET MACKENZIE and WELLINGTON MUGFORD are:
i. VERNON4 MUGFORD.
ii. LILA MAY MUGFORD, b. December 30, 1882.
Children of MARGARET MACKENZIE and JOSEPH CLARK are:
iii. ADELLA PRICILLA4 CLARK, b. May 10, 1891; d. March 29, 1971.
iv. HAZEL EILEEN CLARK, b. November 11, 1895; d. August 6, 1918.
v. JOHN LAWRENCE CLARK, b. March 16, 1893; d. 1961.
14. PRISCILLA3 MACKENZIE (EDMUND2, THOMAS1) was born Abt. 1862. She married NORMAN MACDONALD.
Children of PRISCILLA MACKENZIE and NORMAN MACDONALD are:
i. MILA4 MACDONALD.
ii. SAMUEL MACDONALD.
iii. MELVIN MACDONALD.
Generation No. 4
15. MINNIE4 MACLAREN (MARGARET3 MACKENZIE, GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born June 9, 1879 in Cable Head West, P.E.I. She married ALAN MACKINNON.
Marriage Notes for MINNIE MACLAREN and ALAN MACKINNON: I have a November 4, 1905 marriage date for this couple.
Children of MINNIE MACLAREN and ALAN MACKINNON are:
i. IDA5 MACKINNON, b. Abt. 1900; m. ALVA LORNE KEEFE.
ii. JOHN MACKINNON, b. Abt. 1901.
iii. MARGARET MACKINNON, b. Abt. 1905.
iv. SARAH BELLE MACKINNON, b. Abt. 1910.
16. ADDISON4 MACLAREN (MARGARET3 MACKENZIE, GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born November 3, 1883 in Cable Head West, P.E.I, and died April 7, 1937. He married ETHEL BUCHANAN July 2, 1913, daughter of THOMAS BUCHANAN and SARAH TAYLOR.
Notes for ADDISON MACLAREN: Addison lived in Lot 40, P.E.I. at the time of the 1891 census at age 7, In 1899 Addison worked his way West, having left P.E.I. at age 16. He worked for a Real Estate Company breaking land, establishing a farm etc., which the company would then sell. He visited P.E.I. when my sister was four years old in 1918. But never returned, although his heart was always, in his words, "Down East". He died with Abdominal Cancer on April 7, 1937, age 52 years. There is a picture of my father and I in your book. I am the unknown girl, with Addison MacLaren. I was nine years old in that picture. (A letter from Mildred Ester (MacLaren) Scott to Vernon MacLaren in 1983).
Vernon told me that when he was putting that picture in his book, he mentioned to his wife Mary, "I will probably never know who the missing girl is! "
Notes for ETHEL BUCHANAN: Edith was born in 1891 at Headingly, Manitiba, Canada, her parents are Thomas Buchanan and Sarah Ann Taylor. She and Addison were married in Western Canada. (Headingley Marriages: Manitoba Geneology Society.)
Children of ADDISON MACLAREN and ETHEL BUCHANAN are:
19. i. DOROTHY MAY MERRIA5 MACLAREN, b. September 13, 1914.
20. ii. MILDRED ESTER MACLAREN, b. March 30, 1925.
17. "BOB" ROBERT GEORGE4 MACKENZIE (GEORGE3, GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born April 6, 1877 in Cable Head, P.E.I. and died March 12, 1942 in Charlottetown, P.E.I. He married ESTELLA JANE COBB.
Notes for "BOB" ROBERT GEORGE MACKENZIE: He is listed as being 4 years old in the 1881 census. 1901 Census for the family lists "Bob" Robert George, Nephew of George MacKenzie, (living in the household of his Uncle George MacKenzie. ( I believe his mother and father who may have been Henry, as that is the only brother his father had that I know of at this time and he may have died by now, his mother is listed as being born in Ontario, Canada in the 1891 Census) and "Bob" Robert George is 24 years old in 1901.
A tragic episode which happened on May 13, 1902, On this day numerous fishing boats under sail were lobstering off Cable Head shore and a boat capsized, drowning Frank McKenzie; the other Ebb MacCallum clung precariously to the keel. The sea had risen like magic and a heavy surf was pounding the shore. Robert McKenzie and his mate Bruce Hayden looked at each other and nodded and proceded to launch Bob's boat with the help of other fishermen. They successfully navigated the surf and after several tries and magnificent handling of the halyards and tiller, took off the surviving fisherman, Ebb Mac Callum. (taken in part from the Obituary of Bruce Hayden).
There was a poem written by the well known Tom Lewis of St. Peter's Bay about Bob McKenzie's bravery. In Edward Ives book, "Lawrence Doyle the Farmer Poet of Prince Edward Island". Tom Lewis did not like his work to be shown publically but for some reason he allowed this poem to be printed into a pamphlet in 1903 signed simply TL. Bob's grandson Robert MacKenzie of Morell, PEI is now in possession of the watch which was given to Bob as a token of his heriosim by the Queen of England.
Dies Suddenly On C.N.R. Platform.
Additional particulars in connection with the death of Mr. Robert McKenzie, Cable Head West, about five miles from St. Peter's briefly referred to in yesterday's issue reveal that he had been in the city attending a meeting of the P.E. Island Fishermen's Union. Just as he was about to board the Souris train on return home he fell to the platform.
Friends standing nearby rushed to his assistance, thinking he had fainted but he passed away before medical aid could reach him.
Coroner Dr. J. D. McGuigan, who was summoned immediately, said that the man had died from a heart attack. An inquest would not be necessary, he added.
The deceased who was 63 years of age was born at Cable Head West and had lived there all his life. He was a highly respected member of the community and his passing was a great shock to his relatives and friends. A successful fisherman, the late Mr. McKenzie was always interested in the welfare of the industry. It was in the interest of the fishermen that he journeyed to the city yesterday. The deceased had always enjoyed good health and was never known to have been bothered by his heart. He was apparently in the best of health when he came to Charlottetown yesterday according to friends who talked with him on the train.
He is survived by his wife, nee Estella Cobb, and one son, Aldius residing in Cable Head West. There are no brothers or sisters surviving. (Patriot March 13, 1942)
Notes for ESTELLA JANE COBB: Estella was born in 1887 and died in 1966. She was living at 329 Grafton Street, Charlottetown at the time of her death. She died at the Old PEI Hospital, Charlottetown, PEI. Aldius MacKenzie was the informant of her death and she is buried at Midgell Cemetery, PEI.
Child of "BOB" MACKENZIE and ESTELLA COBB is:
21. i. ALDIUS5 MACKENZIE, b. August 18, 1910, Cable Head, P.E.I; d. January 4, 1974, Morell, P.E.I.
18. HELEN MAY4 MACKENZIE (GEORGE3, GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born August 27, 1887, and died May 2, 1963 in buried Midgell Cemetery. She married JOHN HENRY SIMONS, son of LISA.
Child of HELEN MACKENZIE and JOHN SIMONS is:
i. ELIZABETH5 SIMONS, b. September 18, 1911; m. MR. CARR.
Generation No. 5
19. DOROTHY MAY MERRIA5 MACLAREN (ADDISON4, MARGARET3 MACKENZIE, GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born September 13, 1914. She married (1) HENRY SWANKY. She married (2) EDWARD MERRIAN.
Notes for DOROTHY MAY MERRIA MACLAREN: Dorothy was married twice her first husband died in 1950 and her second died in 1975. In 1983, the last contact between her sister Mildred and Vernon MacLaren, she was living in Winnipeg with her son Ivan who never married.
Notes for EDWARD MERRIAN: Edward died in 1975.
Their children are still living and will not be named here.
20. MILDRED ESTER5 MACLAREN (ADDISON4, MARGARET3 MACKENZIE, GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born March 30, 1925. She married JOSEPH BRUCE SCOTT.
Notes for MILDRED ESTER MACLAREN: Bruce and Mildred met and married in Kingston, Ontario, Canada in 1945, while they were in the Service. They came to McGrath Cove, Nova Scotia on their Honeymoon (Bruce's home). She fell in love with the East immediately, So they built their home there. All but one of their children are married, Bernadette is single and lives at home. They have 12 grandchildren ranging in age from 17 years to 6 months. (Letter from Mildred (MacLaren) Scott, to Vernon MacLaren in 1983)
Notes for JOSEPH BRUCE SCOTT: Joseph was born in 1921 at McGrath Cove, N.S., Canada.
Their children are still living and will not be named here.
21. ALDIUS5 MACKENZIE ("BOB" ROBERT GEORGE4, GEORGE3, GEORGE2, THOMAS1) was born August 18, 1910 in Cable Head, P.E.I, and died January 4, 1974 in Morell, P.E.I. He married GLADYS ANN MACLAREN, daughter of FRANK MACLAREN and LYLE SANDERSON.
Notes for ALDIUS MACKENZIE: While Aldius lived in Cable Head he made his living farming, in 1945 he moved to Morell, working as a mechanic until 1948 when he became the owner of the Morell Esso Service Station until 1966. He also worked at the Government Garage and W. R. Jenkins Volkswagon. In 1959 he ran for and won the Liberal nomination for that Election year. From 1966 - 1972 he was the Kings County Sheriff.
Notes for GLADYS ANN MACLAREN: Gladys was born Nov. 20, 1918 and died of as a result of lung cancer on Nov. 6, 1962
Their children are still living and will not be named here.