Submitted by Elizabeth Howard - firstname.lastname@example.org
There are additional generations of this family to share. Please direct Queries and requests for source information to the email link above!
Descendants of James May
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES1 MAY was born Abt. 1790 in Ireland, and died in P.E.I., Canada. He married ELLEN in Ireland. She was born in Ireland, and died in P.E.I. Canada.
Notes for JAMES MAY:
James May was one of the first settlers in Springfield, P.E.I. He emigrated in the early 1800's from Queens County, Ireland with his wife Ellen and their six children, William, Bridget, Michael, Matilda, Johanna and Ellen.
On March 25, 1853, when he was elderly and in failing health, he had a "Bond, Support and Maintenance" agreement drawn up between himself and his son Michael (our great gr.father). Michael May would receive his inheritance but he or his heirs, would be bound to provide sufficiently for the maintenance and support of said James May, in sickness and health and provide him with money, from time to time, as he may require. If there is any violation of this bond then Michael May, or his heirs, would be legally bound to return all funds and land that they received. He loaned 400 pounds to his son Michael with the proviso that he take care of him for the remainder of his life and provide him with a small monthly sum to take care of his personal needs. Information on James May and his son Michael is provided in the "Book of Sprilgfield - 1828 to 1985" On Oct., 20, 1852 James May assigned 5 1/4 acres of land in lot 23 to his son-in-law John O'Hara, husband of their daughter Matilda.
More About JAMES MAY and ELLEN:
Children of JAMES MAY and ELLEN are:
2. i. MICHAEL2 MAY, b. Abt. 1816, Queens County, Ireland; d. December 15, 1885, Springfield, PEI Canada.
ii. WILLIAM MAY, b. Ireland; d. P.E.I. Canada.
3. iii. JOHANNA X MAY, b. Ireland; d. P.E.I. Canada.
iv. ELLEN X MAY, b. Ireland; d. P.E.I. Canada.
4. v. BRIDGET MAY, b. Ireland; d. P.E.I. Canada.
5. vi. MATILDA MAY, b. Abt. 1820, Ireland; d. May 24, 1902, Tracadie, P.E.I..
Generation No. 2
2. MICHAEL2 MAY (JAMES1) was born Abt. 1816 in Queens County, Ireland, and died December 15, 1885 in Springfield, PEI Canada. He married (1) CATHARINE DELANEY April 18, 1836. She was born Abt. 1814 in P.E.I. Springfield, and died May 23, 1852 in P.E.I. Springfield. He married (2) MARY BRENNAN August 05, 1857 in Spingfield, PEI Canada, daughter of JOHN BRENNAN and ALICE BRENHAM. She was born 1828 in P.E.I., Canada, and died 1917 in Springfield, PEI.
Notes for MICHAEL MAY:
Michael May was twice married. His first wife was Catherine Delaney. Michael & Catherine were married in P.E.I., on April 18, 1836
They had five children, Bridget, Mary, Ellen, who married Edward Brennan and then Patrick Keefe on 03/05/1867. Johanna married Michael Barrett and then Peter Connick on 04/23/1838. Catherine, who was born eight days before her mother died, married John Tryte. Michael May Jr., a painter and decorator, moved to Saint John, N.B., and married Mary Frances McGuire. Ellen and Johanna were widows when they re-married.
"Still Talk Of The Village - 100 Years Later": This is a tale told even today of the day that Michael May married his second wife Mary Brennan. Michael May married Mary Brennan on August 05, 1857 by dispensation. Michael May told Mary Brennan that he lived in such-and-such house, knowing that the neighbor was away. It was indeed quite a grand house. After Michael and Mary's wedding, they continued along the road, much to Mary's surprise, to Michael's rather run-down house. This story still lives on in the community 150 years later. In Michael May's will of Dec., 1885, he bequeathed .25 each to the children of his first marriage to Catherine Delaney. The remainder of his estate was bequeathed to his wife Mary.
The following article was in the Examiner of February 28, 1879. (After a major snow storm) "A choice ball was held in the house of Michael May, on the night that the storm commenced, and the question was, "How can they get home?" With great struggling amidst the unfriendly snow-drift. Some of the young ladies suffered sorely, whilst uneasy young couples remained and partook of Mr. May's hospitality during last Friday and night, and others had to betake themselves and escorts to other charitable neighbors for shelter, etc. John Mayne's barn was completely deroofed in the gale."
Notes for CATHARINE DELANEY:
Catherine Delaney was born in 1814 and died May 23, 1852, five days after giving birth. She was born in P.E.I., and was the daughter of Daniel Delaney Jr., and Anne Breanahan. Her siblings were: Mary Anne, b. April 26, 1818, Elizabeth Ann, b. abt., 1821, John b., bef., 1825, Julianne b., abt., 1832, Helen, b., abt., 1833 and Bartholomew, b., abt., 1834. They were all born in Prince Edward Island. Catherine was the first wife of Michael May and they had five children, Ellen, Johanna, Bridget, Mary and Michael May Jr. This information was taken from the http://islandregister.com/delaney1.html (Descendants of Daniel Delaney Sr.)
More About MICHAEL MAY and CATHARINE DELANEY:
Marriage: April 18, 1836
Notes for MARY BRENNAN:
Mary, daughter of John Brennan and Alice Brenham was born in Ireland in 1828. She married Michael May, from lot 67, Springfield, P.E.I., on August 5, 1857. This was Michael May's second marriage and Mary Brennan's first. They got married with a dispensation. His first wife, Catharine Delaney died 5/23/1852 after giving birth to their fifth child. Mary Brennan and Michael May had the following children: Alice, Mary, Matilda, John, William, Emylene, Cecila and Lupedia. Mary Brennan May died in Springfield, P.E.I., on Feb., 4, 1917 at the age of 89. Three years previous to her death she met with a severe accident while returning from church, she slipped and fractured her hip and never regained use of it aftewards. Although (all that medical still could do, was done) still, she was always cheerful and bore her illness with christian fortitude.. She leaves to mourn her demise a large circle of friends and relatives. Her immediate family consist of five daughters and two sons. Mrs. Alice (Louis) Marcou, Charlottetown, P.E.I., Mrs. Matilda (Edward) Cosgrove, Hope River, P.E.I., Mrs. Lupedia (Francis) Powers, Somerville, Mass., Mr. John May (Emma), West Cove Head, Mrs. Mary (Thomas) McGuire and Mrs. Emeline Keith, both of New York City, N.Y., and also William at home. The above was taken from her obituary as it was written at that time. When she died Mary left her entire estate to our gr.mother, Mary E. McGuire, N.Y., N.Y. Her estate was valued at $4,275.00. It included 85 acres of land plus livestock , farm equipment and household furniture. It is believed that our gr.mother returned to P.E.I., Canada in 1914 and stayed there for some time to take care of her mother.
More About MICHAEL MAY and MARY BRENNAN:
Marriage: August 05, 1857, Spingfield, PEI Canada
Children of MICHAEL MAY and CATHARINE DELANEY are:
i. JOHANNA3 MAY.
6. ii. ELLEN MAY, b. February 06, 1837, Springfield, PEI; d. 1906, Kinkora, P.E.I., Canada.
7. iii. MICHAEL MAY JR., b. 1853, Springfield, PEI; d. 1931, St John NB, Canada.
iv. CATHERINE MAY, b. May 14, 1852, Springfield, PEI; m. JOHN TRYTE, 1866, Kinkora, P.E.I..
More About JOHN TRYTE and CATHERINE MAY:
Marriage: 1866, Kinkora, P.E.I.
Children of MICHAEL MAY and MARY BRENNAN are:
v. EMELINE3 MAY, b. March 05, 1867, Springfield, PEI; m. JOHN KEITH.
vi. CECILA MAY.
8. vii. JOHN MAY, b. November 25, 1863, Springfield, PEI; d. Prince Edward Island.
viii. WILLIAM MAY.
9. ix. ALICE MAY, b. 1859, P.E.I., Canada; d. December 18, 1930, Medford, Ma..
10. x. MARY E MAY, b. 1864, P.E.I. Springfield; d. 1930, Medford, Ma..
xi. MATILDA MAY, b. January 03, 1861, Springfield, PEI; m. EDWARD COSGROVE, February 19, 1879, Indian River, P.E.I..
More About EDWARD COSGROVE and MATILDA MAY:
Marriage: February 19, 1879, Indian River, P.E.I.
11. xii. LUPEDIA MAY, b. 1874, Springfield, PEI; d. June 05, 1950, Medford, Ma..
3. JOHANNA X2 MAY (JAMES1) was born in Ireland, and died in P.E.I. Canada. She married (1) MICHAEL BARRETT. She married (2) PETER CONNICK April 23, 1838 in Prince Edward Island.
Notes for JOHANNA X MAY:
Johanna May, daughter of James and Ellen May, was born in Ireland. Johanna was first married to Michael Barrett They had two sons, John Barrett, born January 3, 1835 and Thomas Barrett, born January 12, 1836. John's godparents were Michael May and Margaret Barrett. Thomas's godparents were Timothy Crowley and Bridget Keating. Their baptism was recorded at St. Dunstan's Church in P.E.I. John and Thomas were probably James May's first gr.children. After Michael Barrett died, Johanna married Peter Connick. They were married on April 23, 1838. This m. information between Johanna May and Peter Connick was taken from the Rustico church files
Notes for PETER CONNICK:
Peter Connick, brother-in-law of Michael May, was the husband of Johanna May. Peter was the last shoemaker who made boots in his home. At the close of the century, when an old man, he carried on his trade in a vacant house of Thomas Haslam, Jr. (source: The Book of Springfield. 1829-1985).
More About PETER CONNICK and JOHANNA MAY:
Marriage: April 23, 1838, Prince Edward Island
Children of JOHANNA MAY and MICHAEL BARRETT are:
i. JOHN3 BARRETT, b. January 03, 1835.
ii. THOMAS BARRETT, b. January 12, 1836.
Children of JOHANNA MAY and PETER CONNICK are:
iii. MICHAEL B3 CONNICK, b. May 15, 1841.
iv. MARTIN CONNICK, b. September 14, 1843.
v. MARY ANN CONNICK, b. March 02, 1846.
vi. MARGRET CONNICK, b. April 26, 1848.
vii. PETER CONNICK JR., b. June 02, 1850.
viii. CATHERINE CONNICK, b. May 01, 1852.
ix. JOHANNA X CONNICK, b. January 15, 1856.
x. KATE CONNICK, b. 1858.
xi. PETER X CONNICK, b. March 06, 1859.
xii. WILLIAM CONNICK, b. December 26, 1860.
xiii. MATILDA CONNICK, b. 1861.
xiv. HANNAH CONNICK, b. 1862.
xv. WILLIAM X CONNICK, b. 1863.
xvi. JOHANNA Y CONNICK, b. 1863.
4. BRIDGET2 MAY (JAMES1) was born in Ireland, and died in P.E.I. Canada. She married JOHN HARRINGTON February 15, 1843 in Prince Edward Island. He died in P.E.I. Canada.
More About JOHN HARRINGTON and BRIDGET MAY:
Marriage: February 15, 1843, Prince Edward Island
Children of BRIDGET MAY and JOHN HARRINGTON are:
i. CORNELIUS3 HARRINGTON, b. 1848.
ii. MATILDA HARRINGTON, b. 1849.
iii. MARY JANE HARRINGTON, b. 1854.
iv. JULIA HARRINGTON, b. 1855.
v. WILLIAM HARRINGTON, b. 1857.
12. vi. ADELINE HARRINGTON, b. 1861, P.E.I. Canada; d. P.E.I. Canada.
vii. VINCENT HARRINGTON, b. 1867.
viii. JOHANNA HARRINGTON, b. 1868.
5. MATILDA2 MAY (JAMES1) was born Abt. 1820 in Ireland, and died May 24, 1902 in Tracadie, P.E.I.. She married JOHN (JAMES) O'HARA October 04, 1852 in St. Mary's, Indian River, P.E.I..
Notes for MATILDA MAY:
Matilda, daughter of James and Ellen May, was born in Ireland. She married John (James) O'Hara in Prince Edward Island, canada, on Oct. 4, 1852. (source: P.E.I. archives, St. Dunstance, marriage book, (1852 - 1857) pg. 96.) When Matilda and John married they lived for a short while in Lot 67. Shortly after, they moved to Lot 36, P.E.I. Recorded in the Land Registry book in September, 1855, it states that James May assigned 5 1/4 acres of land in lot 23 to John O'Hara. The land was assigned to John O'Hara and Matilda May on October 20,, 1852 . John O'Hara & Matilda May had a daughter Jessie, who married George Fogarty. Martin Fogarty, son of Jessie O'Hara and George Fogarty, married Mary E. Lund, daughter of John Lund and Bridget McInnis. Martin Fogarty and Mary Lund were both from Lot 36 in P.E.I.
More About JOHN O'HARA and MATILDA MAY:
Marriage: October 04, 1852, St. Mary's, Indian River, P.E.I.
Child of MATILDA MAY and JOHN O'HARA is:
13. i. JESSIE3 O'HARA, b. P.E.I. Canada; d. P.E.I. Canada.
Generation No. 3
6. ELLEN3 MAY (MICHAEL2, JAMES1) was born February 06, 1837 in Springfield, PEI, and died 1906 in Kinkora, P.E.I., Canada. She married (1) EDWARD BRENNAN January 26, 1858 in St. Malachy's Church, Kinkora, P.E.I., son of JOHN BRENNAN and ALICE BRENHAM. He was born Bef. 1825 in P.E.I. Springfield, and died March 28, 1866. She married (2) PATRICK KEEFE March 05, 1867 in St. Malachy Church in Kinkora P.E.I..
Notes for ELLEN MAY:
Ellen May, born on Feb., 06, 1837 married Edward Brennan, a farmer from Kinkora, on January 26, 1858 and they had the following children, Johanna, William, Maria, Edward L., & Lavina. Edward was the brother to Mary Brennan, Michael May's second wife. After Ellen's husband, Edward Brennan died, she married Patrick Keefe, a hotel keeper from Freetown, on March 05, 1867 in St. Malachy's Church in Kinkora. Ellen and Patrick Keefe had the following children: Michael, Margaret, Albina, Adelaide and John. Ellen May Brennan Keefe, known as the "Big Woman" was a bootlegger, good church going person, but the village supplier of the "good stuff". Everyone, including the local priest, went to her for their supply. After one too many scoldings from the pulpit, Ellen went home and disposed of all her "good stuff". That was the end to her nefarious vocation.
More About EDWARD BRENNAN and ELLEN MAY:
Marriage: January 26, 1858, St. Malachy's Church, Kinkora, P.E.I.
More About PATRICK KEEFE and ELLEN MAY:
Marriage: March 05, 1867, St. Malachy Church in Kinkora P.E.I.
Children of ELLEN MAY and EDWARD BRENNAN are:
i. JOHANNA4 BRENNAN, b. December 03, 1858.
ii. WILLIAM BRENNAN, b. 1860.
iii. MARIA BRENNAN, b. May 10, 1862.
iv. EDWARD L BRENNAN, b. April 09, 1866.
v. LAVINA A BRENNAN, b. July 03, 1857.
Children of ELLEN MAY and PATRICK KEEFE are:
vi. MICHAEL4 KEEFE.
vii. MARGARET KEEFE.
viii. ALBINA KEEFE.
ix. ADELAIDE KEEFE.
x. JOHN KEEFE.
7. MICHAEL MAY3 JR. (MICHAEL2 MAY, JAMES1) was born 1853 in Springfield, PEI, and died 1931 in St John NB, Canada. He married (1) MARY FRANCIS MCGUIRE. He met (2) MARY F MCGUIRE July 17, 1882 in St John NB, Canada, daughter of OWEN MCGUIRE and ISABELLA BOWES. She was born October 30, 1859 in St John NB, Canada, and died September 18, 1937 in St John NB, Canada.
Notes for MARY F MCGUIRE:
Mary Frances McGuire was b. Oct., 8, 1859 in Golden Grove, N.B. She was baptized on Oct., 30th., 1859. Her baptism sponsors were James Elliott and Mary McCormack. She married Michael May Jr., (our gr.mother Mary May's half brother, from P.E.I.) on July 19, 1882 at St. Joachim's Church in Saint John, N.B., Canada. Witnesses at the wedding were Thomas McNamara and Mary McGowan. Mary was bequeathed $75.00 in the will of her father Owen Francis McGuire in 1883. Her husband Michael May Jr.,, son of Michael May, from Ire., & Catharine Delaney, from P.E.I., was born on Aug., 15, 1855 in P.E.I., and he died Dec., 9th., 1931 in Saint John. He died at his residence on Sandy Point Rd., Saint John.
She died Sept., 18, 1937 at her home, 87 Seely St., Saint John after a lingering illness, widow of Michael L. May and the daughter of the late Owen McGuire & Isabella Bowes of Golden Grove. Interment was in St. Joseph's Cemetery, Saint John, N.B. Surviving her were 4 daughters, Mrs. Frances Christopher (Joseph), Arlington, Ma., Mrs. Elsie Smith, (Joseph), Mrs. Blanche Bowes (Fred), and Mrs. Gladys Ryan, ((Clarence) all of this city & one son, Carroll L. May, (Kathleen LeGoffe,from Saint John also plus 2 brothers, Michael McGuire & Thomas McGuire of Saint John and a sister Miss Cassie McGuire from Arlington, Ma.
More About MICHAEL JR. and MARY MCGUIRE:
Friends: July 17, 1882, St John NB, Canada
Children of MICHAEL JR. and MARY MCGUIRE are:
14. i. FRANCES4 MAY, b. 1892, Saint John, N.B., Canada; d. July 04, 1976, Framingham, Ma..
15. ii. BLANCHE MAY, b. 1894, Saint John, N.B., Canada; d. September 16, 1979, Petersham, Ma..
iii. GLADYS MAY, b. 1897; m. CLARE RYAN.
Notes for GLADYS MAY:
Gladys May, daughter of Mary Frances McGuire and Michael May Jr., married Clare Ryan and they had two children. Her daughter married Kenton Pope and in 1977, I signed off on the land that was owned by our gr.father Thomas McGuire, so that Gladys could pass this land onto Sheila and Kenton Pope with a clear title. I signed off for $1.00 on this property, so as to make it all legal. In 1985 Sheila and Kenton Pope sold the property to Scott Bros., housing contractor, and they have started with a development there of new homes with one acre lots.
16. iv. CARL LEO MAY, b. February 09, 1898, Saint John, N.B., Canada; d. October 13, 1956, Saint John, N.B., Canada.
v. ELSIE MAY, m. JOSEPH SMITH.
vi. LOUIS MAY.
vii. IRENE MAY.
viii. JOSEPHINE MAY.
8. JOHN3 MAY (MICHAEL2, JAMES1) was born November 25, 1863 in Springfield, PEI, and died in Prince Edward Island. He married EMMA MCMILLAN November 22, 1889 in Prince Edward Island. She was born in Prince Edward Island, and died in Prince Edward Island.
Notes for JOHN MAY:
John, son of Michael May and Mary Brennan, was born on November 25, 1863. He was baptized on May 27, 1862 and his sponsors were Barnaby Croken and Bridget Mullen. John May married Frances EMMA McMillan, daughter of Daniel McMillan and Martina McNeill on November 22, 1889. They had 9 children, six boys and three girls: Louis Wilfred, Joseph BERNARD, Daniel CECIL, John Joseph, Conrad Edmund, Joseph, Mary Alice (Maime) Ada Lauretta and Nora Beatrice. France EMMA and John lived in Clermont for a period of time and then they moved to Covehead.
More About JOHN MAY and EMMA MCMILLAN:
Marriage: November 22, 1889, Prince Edward Island
Children of JOHN MAY and EMMA MCMILLAN are:
i. LOUIS4 MAY, b. April 13, 1889, Prince Edward Island; d. P.E.I. Springfield; m. MARCELLA MCCORMACK; b. Prince Edward Island; d. P.E.I. Springfield.
Notes for LOUIS MAY:
Louis Wilfred May, a returned soldier, received a military pension. He served in France during World War One and he wounded his left hand in the war. Louis lived in Stanhope and he married Marcella McCormack. They had no children.
17. ii. BERNARD MAY, b. Prince Edward Island; d. P.E.I. Springfield.
iii. MARY ALICE (MAME) MAY, b. May 13, 1895, P.E.I. Springfield; d. P.E.I. Springfield; m. HERBERT FISKE, Tracadie Cross, P.E.I.; b. P.E.I. Springfield; d. P.E.I. Springfield.
Notes for MARY ALICE (MAME) MAY:
Maime, daughter of John May and Frances EMMA McMillan, married Herbert Fiske. They lived on a farm. Herbert received a pension as he was in the Navy during World War One.
More About HERBERT FISKE and MARY MAY:
Marriage: Tracadie Cross, P.E.I.
18. iv. CECIL MAY, b. P.E.I. Springfield; d. P.E.I. Springfield.
v. JACK MAY, b. March 26, 1898.
vi. ADELINE MAY, b. May 21, 1899.
vii. CONRAD MAY, b. P.E.I. Springfield; d. P.E.I. Springfield; m. VIOLA GALLANT; b. Rustico, P.E.I..
Notes for CONRAD MAY:
Conrad E. May, son of John May and Frences EMMA McMillan, married Viola Gallant of Rustico. They emigrated from Canada to Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A. They had no children
viii. JOSEPH MAY.
19. ix. NORA MAY, b. Prince Edward Island; d. November 23, 1973, Prince Edward Island.
9. ALICE3 MAY (MICHAEL2, JAMES1) was born 1859 in P.E.I., Canada, and died December 18, 1930 in Medford, Ma.. She married LOUIS MARCOU. He was born 1857 in Quebec City, Canada, and died December 09, 1933 in Medford, Ma..
Notes for LOUIS MARCOU:
Louis Marcou was a German professor of music. Son, Louis was a jeweler who owned a jewelry store in Malden, Ma. Louis Marcou Jr., married Gertrude Callaghan and they were living in Stoneham, Ma., at the time of his death due to a fall. Some believed that it was due to a robbery, as his wallet was found empty a short distance away from his body. Their other son Michael was a painter. He was single and died of colon cancer at the age of 71 at the McFadden Nursing Home in Malden, Ma.
Children of ALICE MAY and LOUIS MARCOU are:
i. MICHAEL4 MARCOU, b. 1892.
ii. LOUIS MARCOU, b. 1893.
10. MARY E3 MAY (MICHAEL2, JAMES1) was born 1864 in P.E.I. Springfield, and died 1930 in Medford, Ma.. She married THOMAS R MCGUIRE 1889, son of OWEN MCGUIRE and ISABELLA BOWES. He was born September 03, 1857 in Golden Grove, St John NB Canada, and died 1940 in St. Johns NB, Canada.
Notes for THOMAS R MCGUIRE:
Thomas Roland McGuire, our gr.father, was baptized on Oct., 11, 1857 at 2 months of age. His baptism sponsors were James & Elinor Bowes. His twin brother was James Henry McGuire. In his father's will of 1883, he was bequeathed $100.00 plus 200 acres of land in Golden Grove, Saint John. The land was sold in 1985 to Scott Bros., Ltd., by Sheila & Kenton Pope. In 1977 I signed off on the land for $1.00 so that Gladys Ryan, Thomas's niece, could pass it on to her daughter Sheila with a clear title. They are now building houses, with one acre lots, that are valued at over $150,000.00. Thomas married our gr.mother Mary E. May on September 3, 1886 in Springfield, P.E.I. Thomas died 12/27/1940 at the age of 83 of broncho pneumonia at the M. & M. Nursing Home in Saint John, N.B., Canada. He is buried at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Saint John, N.B. His obituary stated that he lived on French Village Road in Golden Grove the greater part of his life. He moved back to Saint John, N.B., from his home in Medford, Ma., at 57 Bradshaw St., Medford, Ma. U.S.A., in 1936. His obituary further states that he was survived by one daughter Mrs. Mae Bamberger, San Pedro, California, a son Louis McGuire, Flushing, N.Y. His son Frederick predeceased him in 1937 . He was also survived by six grandchildren and a sister Catharine McGuire, Arlington, Ma., and one brother Michael McGuire from Saint John, N.B. Before Thomas moved to Medford abt., 1930. He had lived in Manhattan, New York for over 25 years.
More About THOMAS MCGUIRE and MARY MAY:
Children of MARY MAY and THOMAS MCGUIRE are:
20. i. FREDERICK O4 MCGUIRE, b. October 19, 1894, New York, New York; d. April 06, 1937, Malden Hospital, Malden, Ma..
21. ii. LOUIS LEBARON MCGUIRE, b. September 28, 1889, Golden Grove St Johns NB, Canada; d. July 07, 1967, Flushing, NY.
iii. MARY C MCGUIRE, b. May 03, 1896, New York, New York; d. September 19, 1960, Vallejo, California; m. ADOLPH BAMBERGER, Abt. 1936.
Notes for MARY C MCGUIRE:
Mary Lupedia McGuire, daughter of Thomas McGuire and Mary E. May, was born in New York City on May 3rd., 1896. She was baptized by Rev. C.J. Murphy on May 24, 1896 at the Church of the Blessed Sacrament on 152 West 71st., Street, New York, N..Y. Her baptism sponsor was Mary Hussey. When Mae's mother died in 1930 without a will, Mae was appointed administrator of her estate, which consisted of houses that she had owned in Roxbury, South Boston, Medford and a cottage in Billerica. Mary aka Mae married Adolphe Bamberger when she was about 38 and then she went to live in Vallejo, California. Adolphe was a Naval Commander and was a widower with two sons. Mae died on September 18, 1960 at the age of 64 of uterine carcinoma.
More About ADOLPH BAMBERGER and MARY MCGUIRE:
Marriage: Abt. 1936
11. LUPEDIA3 MAY (MICHAEL2, JAMES1) was born 1874 in Springfield, PEI, and died June 05, 1950 in Medford, Ma.. She married FRANCIS POWERS. He was born 1867 in Prince Edward Island, and died November 19, 1933 in Boston, Massachusetts.
Notes for LUPEDIA MAY:
Lupedia (May) Powers, wife of Francis (Frank) Powers died of lukemia on 06-05-1950 in Medford, Ma. She was pre-deceased by her husband Francis and her two children, Joseph and Mary. Lupedia was survived by four sons, James O., Frederick L., Louis F., all of Medford, Ma., and Percy B. from Belmont, Ma. Also, seven gr.children and twenty-five great grandchildren. Lupedia was a member of the Ladies Sodality of St. James Church, Wellington, Medford, Ma. She is buried at Holy Cross Cemetery with her husband Francis and children Joseph and Mary.
Notes for FRANCIS POWERS:
Francis (Frank) was born in 1867 in P.E.I., Canada, the son of Thomas Powers and Mary McCarville.
Frank died in Boston, Ma., of congestive heart failure, on Nov. 19, 1933, leaving his wife Lupedia and children Percy, Frederick & James. His other two children Joseph and Mary predeceased him. Prior to his retirement he had worked for the Hood Rubber Co.
Children of LUPEDIA MAY and FRANCIS POWERS are:
i. JOSEPH4 POWERS.
ii. MARY POWERS.
iii. PERCY POWERS.
iv. FREDERICK POWERS.
v. JAMES POWERS.
12. ADELINE3 HARRINGTON (BRIDGET2 MAY, JAMES1) was born 1861 in P.E.I. Canada, and died in P.E.I. Canada. She married JOSEPH MCNEILL October 23, 1880 in St. Patricks, Grand River, P.E.I., Ca.. He was born in P.E.I. Canada, and died in P.E.I. Canada.
More About JOSEPH MCNEILL and ADELINE HARRINGTON:
Marriage: October 23, 1880, St. Patricks, Grand River, P.E.I., Ca.
Children of ADELINE HARRINGTON and JOSEPH MCNEILL are:
i. BERNAD4 MCNEILL, b. 1881.
ii. JOSEPH MCNEILL, b. 1883.
iii. JAMES GODFREY MCNEILL, b. 1884.
iv. NORA MCNEILL, b. 1885.
v. MARY CECILIA MCNEILL, b. 1893.
22. vi. ANTHONY LEO MCNEILL, b. 1896, P.E.I. Canada; d. Michigan, U.S.A..
vii. ADELAIDE MCNEILL, b. 1899.
13. JESSIE3 O'HARA (MATILDA2 MAY, JAMES1) was born in P.E.I. Canada, and died in P.E.I. Canada. She married GEORGE FOGARTY. He was born in P.E.I. Canada, and died in P.E.I. Canada.
Child of JESSIE O'HARA and GEORGE FOGARTY is:
23. i. MARTIN4 FOGARTY, b. P.E.I. Canada.
Generation No. 4
14. FRANCES4 MAY (MICHAEL MAY3 JR., MICHAEL2 MAY, JAMES1) was born 1892 in Saint John, N.B., Canada, and died July 04, 1976 in Framingham, Ma.. She married DR. JOSEPH CHRISTOPHER. He was born 1881 in Prince Edward Island, and died March 09, 1964 in Arlington, Ma.
Notes for FRANCES MAY:
Frances, known as "Frankie" was born in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada in 1892. She married Dr. Joseph Christopher and they had one child, Joseph V. Christopher. Frances, daughter of Michael May Jr., and Mary F. McGuire died on July 04, 1976 at the age of 84 in Framingham, Ma., of cardiac failure.due to arteriosclerosis.
Notes for DR. JOSEPH CHRISTOPHER:
Dr. Joseph Christopher had a dental practice in Arlington, Ma. He was very generous in providing dental service at a reduced cost, to those in need. He was born in P.E.I., Canada in 1881 and died of Hodgkins Disease on March 9, 1964 at the age of 83. His parents were Patrick Christopher and Margaret Kinch and they were both born in Ireland.