Submitted by John Munro - firstname.lastname@example.org
There are additional generations of this family to share. Please direct Queries and requests for source information to the email link above!
The Descendants of Alexander Munro
Generation No. 1
1. ALEXANDER1 MUNRO was born Bet. 1782 - 1786 in Bernisdale, Snizort Parish, Skye, Scotland. He married UNKNOWN. She was born in Scotland.
Children of ALEXANDER MUNRO and UNKNOWN are:
i. MARY2 MUNRO, b. Bet. 1812 - 1816.
2. ii. ALEXANDER MUNRO, b. 1815, Snizort, Isle of Skye, Scotland; d. November 30, 1879, Prince Edward Island (Whim Road, near Montague).
3. iii. NORMAN MUNRO, b. Abt. 1822, Snizort, Skye; d. February 19, 1901, PEI.
iv. WILLIAM MUNRO, b. May 1827, Bernisdale, Skye, Scotland.
Generation No. 2
2. ALEXANDER2 MUNRO (ALEXANDER1) was born 1815 in Snizort, Isle of Skye, Scotland, and died November 30, 1879 in Prince Edward Island (Whim Road, near Montague). He married MARY STUART Abt. 1842 in Prince Edward Island. She was born August 06, 1816 in Isle of Skye, Scotland, and died December 14, 1902.
Children of ALEXANDER MUNRO and MARY STUART are:
4. i. EUPHEMIA3 MUNRO, b. June 12, 1843, West River, Prince Edward Island (Strathalbyn); d. October 18, 1923, Uigg, Prince Edward Island.
5. ii. FLORA MUNRO, b. 1846, Prince Edward Island; d. 1933, North Dakota.
iii. DONALD MUNRO, b. 1848, Prince Edward Island; d. September 03, 1918, Whim Road, Prince Edward Island.
6. iv. ALEXANDER MUNRO, b. Abt. 1851, Prince Edward Island; d. Abt. 1935, Whitbourne, Newfoundland.
v. ANNIE MUNRO, b. March 15, 1852, Commercial Cross, Prince Edward Island; d. November 07, 1941, Commercial Cross, Prince Edward Island.
7. vi. KATE MUNRO, b. 1854, Whim Road, Prince Edward Island; d. Boston, Mass..
8. vii. WILLIAM MUNRO, b. May 10, 1855, Commercial Cross, Prince Edward Island; d. August 22, 1915, Commercial Cross, Prince Edward island.
3. NORMAN2 MUNRO (ALEXANDER1) was born Abt. 1822 in Snizort, Skye, and died February 19, 1901 in PEI. He married MARY MCINTOSH, daughter of LODOVICK MACINTOSH and CHRISTINA. She was born 1821 in Skye, and died October 12, 1902 in PEI.
Children of NORMAN MUNRO and MARY MCINTOSH are:
9. i. ALEXANDER KEITH3 MONROE, b. July 14, 1848, PEI; d. March 07, 1895, South Carolina, USA.
ii. ANNIE MUNRO, b. 1849; d. October 04, 1874, South Albans, Junction Road, PEI.
10. iii. CHRISTY MUNRO, b. 1850; d. 1937.
11. iv. JOHN MUNRO, b. 1859, Springton, PEI; d. 1946.
12. v. MARY ANN MUNRO, b. 1853; d. 1938, PEI.
vi. RACHAEL MUNRO, b. 1854; m. B.D. THOMAS.
vii. FLORA MUNRO, b. 1855; d. 1892.
viii. EFFIE MUNRO, b. 1859.
13. ix. CATHERINE (KATE) MUNRO, b. 1857; d. 1944.
x. BESSY MUNRO, b. 1861; m. JOHN MUGFORD; b. 1864; d. 1914.
xi. MARGARET MUNRO, b. 1861; m. EDWARD PARKER.
xii. HANNA MUNRO, b. 1865.
xiii. DAN OR DONALD MUNRO, b. Abt. 1867.
Generation No. 3
4. EUPHEMIA3 MUNRO (ALEXANDER2, ALEXANDER1) was born June 12, 1843 in West River, Prince Edward Island (Strathalbyn), and died October 18, 1923 in Uigg, Prince Edward Island. She married ALLAN H. MACDONALD January 12, 1866, son of HECTOR MACDONALD and FLORA NICHOLSON. He was born April 05, 1830 in Murray Harbour Road (B Lot 57), and died September 27, 1909 in Uigg, Prince Edward Island.
Children of EUPHEMIA MUNRO and ALLAN MACDONALD are:
i. MALCOLM EWAN4 MACDONALD, b. December 04, 1866; d. January 17, 1944; m. ANNIE J. MACPHERSON; b. 1869; d. 1932.
ii. MARY JANE MACDONALD, b. 1868; d. October 03, 1961; m. SIMON DONALD CAMPBELL; b. 1871; d. 1946.
iii. JOHN ALLAN MACDONALD, b. Abt. 1771; d. Bef. 1923, Out West.
iv. ALEXANDER MACDONALD, b. March 24, 1871, Orwell head; d. Bef. 1923, Dakota.
v. FLORA MUNRO MACDONALD, b. March 04, 1874; d. May 06, 1890.
vi. MARGARET ANN MACDONALD, b. Abt. 1866; m. DUNCAN ANGUS MACDONALD; b. 1877, Grandview; d. 1943.
vii. CATHERINE (KATE) MACDONALD, b. May 01, 1877; d. February 09, 1966; m. (1) ALEXANDER NICHOLSON; b. November 17, 1873, Union Road; d. August 29, 1914; m. (2) ALEXANDER MURDOCK 'ALEX' MACPHERSON; b. May 26, 1875, Union Road; d. September 16, 1961.
viii. HECTOR MACDONALD, b. May 10, 1879; d. Out West - Butte, Montana.
ix. EUPHEMIA MACDONALD, b. June 17, 1881; d. 1950, Vancouver, B.C.; m. PERCY ROWE.
x. CHRISTIE ANNE MACDONALD, b. May 06, 1883; d. Brookline, Mass.; m. J. ERNST KERR.
xi. WILLIAM ANDREW MACDONALD, b. November 14, 1885; d. 1950, Calgary, Alberta.
xii. JOHN MURDOCK MACDONALD, b. September 10, 1888; d. WWI - Ypres.
5. FLORA3 MUNRO (ALEXANDER2, ALEXANDER1) was born 1846 in Prince Edward Island, and died 1933 in North Dakota. She married MALCOLM RONALD STEWART July 28, 1874 in Georgetown, PEI, son of RONALD STEWART and FLORA MATHESON. He was born 1840 in PEI, and died 1909 in North Dakota.
Children of FLORA MUNRO and MALCOLM STEWART are:
i. ALICE AGNUS4 STEWART, b. July 02, 1876; d. Vermont; m. JOHN WYLIE; b. Vermont; d. Vermont.
ii. JOHN ALEXANDER STEWART, b. February 05, 1877; d. 1965; m. KATIE GRAMLING.
iii. NORMAN STEWART, b. October 17, 1878, PEI; d. 1953, Stewartsdale, North Dakota.
iv. MARY ANN STEWART, b. June 12, 1879; d. 1965; m. CHRISTIAN W. SMITH; b. May 28, 1875, Huff, North Dakota; d. September 10, 1965.
v. DAN WILLIAM STEWART, b. July 20, 1884; d. 1971.
vi. ALEX JAMES STEWART, b. February 01, 1886, Prince Edward Island; d. 1968, North Dakota; m. VERA GRAMLING, 1926; b. March 27, 1900, Regan, Iowa, USA; d. January 17, 1981, Bismarck, North Dakota.
vii. KATIE FLORA STEWART, b. April 01, 1889; d. 1954; m. CLAUDE HOUSER.
6. ALEXANDER3 MUNRO (ALEXANDER2, ALEXANDER1) was born Abt. 1851 in Prince Edward Island, and died Abt. 1935 in Whitbourne, Newfoundland. He married JULIA PELLEY March 03, 1892 in Burnt Bay, Notre Dame Bay, Newfoundland, daughter of MOSES PELLEY and ELIZABETH HEWLETT. She was born August 23, 1870 in Black Island, Notre Dame Bay, Newfoundland, and died 1966 in Glenwood, Newfoundland.
Children of ALEXANDER MUNRO and JULIA PELLEY are:
i. JOHN ALEXANDER4 MUNRO, b. 1891, Indian Arm, NDB, Newfoundland; d. 1966; m. ALICE MOBBS, Abt. 1945, Scotland; b. 1900; d. 1980.
- WILLIAM DANIEL MUNRO, b. 1892, Indian Arm, NDB, Newfoundland; d. 1971, Glenwood, Newfoundland; m. (1) KITTY YATES, 1917, Millertown, Newfoundland; b. Abt. 1898, New Bay, NDB, Newfoundland; d. January 01, 1935, Buchans, Newfoundland.
- iii. MARY EUPHEMIA MUNRO, b. September 15, 1894, Indian Arm, NDB, Newfoundland; d. October 27, 1975, Hubbards, Nova Scotia; m. LEE W MCLEAN, 1919; b. August 15, 1892; d. May 09, 1980, Hubbards, Nova Scotia.
iv. GEORGINA L. MUNRO, b. January 24, 1897, Indian Arm, (Campbellton) NDB, Newfoundland; d. May 09, 1990, Toronto, Ontario; m. (1) ABE ROWSELL, 1913, Glenwood; b. Abt. November 05, 1895, Exploits, Notre Dame Bay, Newfoundland; d. 1955, Grand Falls, Newfoundland; m. (2) STEPHEN G. HOWE, March 01, 1960, Brooklyn, New York, USA - Lafayette Avenue Church.
v. FLORA MUNRO, b. March 20, 1900, Glenwood, Newfoundland; d. November 07, 1914, St. John's, Newfoundland.
vi. ALISTER MALCOLM MUNRO, b. February 24, 1904, Glenwood, Newfoundland; d. October 16, 1965, Boston, Mass., USA; m. AGNES CAMERON FREW, 1932, Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada; b. November 05, 1905, St. John's, Newfoundland; d. July 12, 2003, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario.
7. KATE3 MUNRO (ALEXANDER2, ALEXANDER1) was born 1854 in Whim Road, Prince Edward Island, and died in Boston, Mass.. She married STONE.
Child of KATE MUNRO and STONE is:
i. CHARLES4 STONE.
8. WILLIAM3 MUNRO (ALEXANDER2, ALEXANDER1) was born May 10, 1855 in Commercial Cross, Prince Edward Island, and died August 22, 1915 in Commercial Cross, Prince Edward island. He married MARGARET (MAGGIE) MACPHEE. She was born October 20, 1873, and died 1910 in Whim Road, Prince Edward Island.
Children of WILLIAM MUNRO and MARGARET MACPHEE are:
i. ALEXANDER4 MUNRO, b. December 30, 1898, PEI; d. August 01, 1918, North Dakota.
ii. MARY JANE MUNRO, b. May 04, 1901, PEI; d. May 04, 1918, PEI.
iii. EWEN MUNRO, b. August 16, 1903; d. Abt. 1954; m. EMILY DAVIS, April 21, 1928; b. PEI.
iv. WILLIAM MUNRO, b. October 12, 1905, PEI; d. December 19, 1936, New Hampshire; m. EDITH STUART; b. 1897, Whim Road, PEI; d. October 12, 1964, New Hampshire.
- MALCOLM MUNRO, b. February 26, 1907, PEI; d. July 28, 1978, PEI
- ANNETTE MUNRO, b. September 07, 1909; d. January 27, 1996, Philadelphia, USA; m. MILLER, October 01, 1949, USA; b. Philadelphia, USA.
9. ALEXANDER KEITH3 MONROE (NORMAN2 MUNRO, ALEXANDER1) was born July 14, 1848 in PEI, and died March 07, 1895 in South Carolina, USA. He married ELIZABETH FARREN. She was born Abt. November 11, 1860 in Lancashire, England, and died 1906.
Children of ALEXANDER MONROE and ELIZABETH FARREN are:
i. JOHN GRIMKE4 MONROE, b. October 11, 1879, Tryon, North Carolina; m. INEZ SWAN.
ii. WILLIAM KEITH MUNRO, b. June 19, 1881; d. June 17, 1906; m. MARRIED.
iii. ARNOLD AGUSTUS MONROE, b. April 28, 1883, abt 1950; m. MAUDE GARDINER.
iv. ELLA CONSTANCE MONROE, b. November 18, 1885; d. 1973; m. CAUMEL BROOKS OSBORNE.
v. MARY (MAE) RIGBY MONROE, b. 1888, 1959; d. 1959; m. WILLIAM BAND.
10. CHRISTY3 MUNRO (NORMAN2, ALEXANDER1) was born 1850, and died 1937. She married JOHN TUCKER.
Children of CHRISTY MUNRO and JOHN TUCKER are:
i. PERCY4 TUCKER.
ii. NORMAN TUCKER.
11. JOHN3 MUNRO (NORMAN2, ALEXANDER1) was born 1859 in Springton, PEI, and died 1946. He married MARGARET J. MATHESON. She was born 1867, and died 1912.
Children of JOHN MUNRO and MARGARET MATHESON are:
i. ANNIE MAUDE4 MUNRO, b. July 24, 1889; d. November 29, 1959; m. HENRY (HARRY) RODGER MOORE.
ii. EDNA MUNRO, b. 1903; d. 1991.
iii. LOTTIE MUNRO, b. 1892; d. 1916.
12. MARY ANN3 MUNRO (NORMAN2, ALEXANDER1) was born 1853, and died 1938 in PEI. She married JAMES FLOOD MACLEOD 1878 in PEI. He was born 1848, and died 1942.
Children of MARY MUNRO and JAMES MACLEOD are:
i. ANNIE LAURA4 MACLEOD, b. 1879; d. 1971; m. JAMES ROBERT DIXON; b. 1881; d. 1956.
ii. BELL MACLEOD, b. 1881; d. 1975; m. MACGREGGOR.
iii. RACHAEL MACLEOD, b. 1894; d. 1955; m. WILBUR.
iv. MARY MAE MACLEOD, b. 1890; d. 1990; m. MACLEAN.
v. JOHN JAMES MACLEOD, b. 1895; d. 1960; m. FLORENCE MACDOUGALL; b. 1902; d. 1968.
13. CATHERINE (KATE)3 MUNRO (NORMAN2, ALEXANDER1) was born 1857, and died 1944. She married WILLIAM MACDONALD January 03, 1888 in Strathalbyn, (Lot 67) PEI, son of ANGUS MACDONALD and NEILA MACKAY. He was born 1853, and died 1929.
Children of CATHERINE MUNRO and WILLIAM MACDONALD are:
i. ANGUS4 MCDONALD.
ii. MARY JANE MCDONALD, m. WINFIELD FULLER; b. USA.
iii. DANIEL MCDONALD, m. NELLIE.
iv. GERTRUDE MCDONALD, b. 1900; d. 1921.
v. NORMAN MCDONALD, b. October 02, 1903, Glen Valley, PEI; d. May 06, 1997, Andrews Lodge, PEI; m. CATHERINE MACKENZIE; d. June 24, 1996, PEI.