Last Will and Testament of Bernard McKenna of Scotchfort, P.E.I.
formerly of County Monaghan, Ireland
This is the last Will and Testament of me, Bernard McKenna of Scotchfort, Queens Co. Prince Edward Island , Farmer. I hereby revoke all former wills and declare this to be my last will and testament.
1. I give divide and bequeath to my son Joseph McKenna the homestead on which I now reside , consisting of fifty (50) acres of land bounded and described as follows; bounded on the north by land owned by Henry Hughes, on the South by the East River, on the East by land owned by Joseph Fisher, on the West by land owned by Patrick McKenna.
2. I also will divide and bequeath to my said son Joseph McKenna, all the stock, crop, farming impliments, moveable and fixed property that I will be owner of at the time of my death.
3. I also will that my said son Joseph McKenna shall support my wife on the homestead in a respectful and becomming mannor.
4. I will to my daughter Mary Elizabeth (Mrs Joseph Egan) $200.00 two hundred dollars to be paid with in (3) years from the time of my death.
5. I will and bequeath that my said son Joseph shall pay to the Rev. P.D. McGuigan ten dollars to have masses said for repose of my soul an that of my wife Bridget.
6. I appoint my sons John McKenna of Charlottetown and Patrick McKenna of Scotchfort, as Executorsof this my will and testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name this 5th day of March 1910 A.D
Signed by the Said Bernard McKenna for and as his last will and testament in the presence of us present at the sametime, who in his presence and at his request an in the presence of each other hereunto subscribed our names a witnesses
Signed Peter D. McGuigan witness
Signed Patick McKenna; witness
Proved Oct 20 th 1911.