2 May 1848
In the Name of God Amen
I underwritten John McEachren of Little Inlet, Lot 46 Prince Edward Island, N. America, tho’ weak of body yet of sound mind and judgment do make this my last will and Testament in manner and form following. --
1. When it will please God to call my soul to himself, I order that my body be interred in a Christian Manner.
2. I order that my just debts be paid out of my personal property now in my hands on this farm of two hundred (200) acres of land which I own on the above mentioned Lot 46.
3. I will and bequeath to my beloved Wife Margaret, and to my beloved sons, Benjamin, Donald and Stephen - nine chains of the above mentioned two hundred acres of land beginning from the East line of said land - and the said portion of land, I leave them and their lawful heirs and assigns forever, without the interference of any person whatever.
4. I will and bequeath to my beloved son Andrew six chains of the above mentioned land beginning from the west line of said farm.-
5. I will and bequeath to my beloved son Hugh 5 chains of above mentioned land beginning from the East side o the portion which I leave to my son Andrew and totehir lawful heirs and assigns forever. -
6. I will and bequeath to my daughter Mary one sheep - To my daughter Catherine one cow - and to my daughter Margaret a Cow -
7. And finally I appoint and constitute my son Andrew Sole Executor of this my lasT will and Testament.
(Signed) John McEachren His Mark
Signed and executed in our presence the subscribing witnesses and in the presence of each other this 2nd May 1848.
This will was proved on the 24th March 1882 on the oath of Joseph Campbell before C..? McEachern
Judge of Probate
17 January 1855
No. 63 McE
The last Will and Testament of Donald Ban McEachern Township Number Forty-six in Kings County in Prince Edward Island.
I Donald Ban McEachern, sick of body yet sound of mind, do will and bequeath unto my Sons Michael, Alexander, and John, my Farm containing one Hundred and Eighty 180 acres in Fee Simple. Situated in said Township in said County in said Island, Bounded and joined on the west by the farm of Peter McIntyre and by the Farm of Andrew McEachern on the east same to be divied into Three equal parts by Parallel lines Michael’s part thereof on the East, Alexander’s joining it on the west of that, joining the Boundary of Peter McIntyre’s Farm. ----
The said Michael, Alexander and John are hereby bound to Harbour, shelter and protect the remaining members of my Family. Namely Angus, Hugh, Mary, Margaret, Uun, Ann and Philomena. ---
To have said Angus and Hugh well educated or Mechanical Science be givenor caused to be given them so that they may be qualified to do for themselves.
The said Michael, Alexander, and John are also bound to pay or cause to paid unto the said Mary the sum of Ten Pounds Currency, Also to Margaret the sum of Five Pounds. To Uun the sum of Five Pounds. To Ann the sum of Five Pounds and to Philomena the sum of Five Pounds also at whatever time they may be settled in marriage or otherwise.
This is my last Will and Testament as Witness my hand this Seventeenth 17th day of January, in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty-five.
(sgd) John McEachern his
Executors (sgd) Donald X Ban McEachern
(sgd) Peter McIntyre mark Testator (L.S.)
Signed in Presence of Me.
(sgd) James Campbell
To the Will and Testament of Donald Ban McEachern Township Number Forty-six
Kings County Prince Edward Island, made by him on this Seventeeth day of January in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Fifty-five (1855) To which we agree to be and are appointed his Executors.
(sgd) John McEachern
(sgd) Peter McIntyre
This will was proved on the 29th January 1855 on the oath of John McEachern a subscribing witness.
(sgd) C. Young
Judge of Probate
Compared and certified by...... Anne M. Ayers, Registrar