Submitted by Liz Rose - email@example.com. Gary Carroll - firstname.lastname@example.org is also researching this family
There are additional generations of this family to share. Please direct Queries and requests for source information to the email link above!
The Descendants of Jairus Hart and Frances Godfrey
Generation No. 1
1. JAIRUS1 HART He married FRANCES GODFREY.
Child of JAIRUS HART and FRANCES GODFREY is:
2. i. THOMAS GODFREY2 HART, b. October 31, 1803, Manchester, NS; d. May 30, 1880, North Sydney, NS.
Generation No. 2
2. THOMAS GODFREY2 HART (JAIRUS1) was born October 31, 1803 in Manchester, NS, and died May 30, 1880 in North Sydney, NS. He married ANN ROSS February 15, 1825 in Nova Scotia, daughter of DONALD ROSS and ANN MORRIS.
More About THOMAS GODFREY HART:
Bur.: June 1884, Lakeside Cemetery
Res.: Charlottetown, PEI; North Sydney, NS
Children of THOMAS HART and ANN ROSS are:
i. ANN ELIZABETH3 HART, b. December 30, 1825, Manchester, NS; d. June 7, 1844, Charlottetown PEI.
More About ANN ELIZABETH HART:
Bur.: June 9, 1844, Protestant Cemetery, Charlottetown, PEI
3. ii. FRANCES MARIA HART, b. May 7, 1828, Arichat, NS.
iii. WILLIAM HENRY HART.
4. iv. MARTHA ARMENIA HART, b. January 15, 1830, Nova Scotia.
5. v. MARGARET JANE HART, b. February 24, 1832, Nova Scotia; d. March 31, 1857, Vernon River, PEI.
vi. ISABELLA ELSIE HART, b. 1834, Nova Scotia; m. CHARLES ALEXANDER BUTCHER, September 4, 1856, Chatham, NB; b. February 23, 1832, Charlottetown, PEI.
More About ISABELLA ELSIE HART:
Bapt.: May 14, 1834
vii. HANNAH MARIA HART.
viii. MARY AMELIA HART, b. April 15, 1836, Nova Scotia; d. April 30, 1836, Nova Scotia.
More About MARY AMELIA HART:
Bapt.: April 28, 1836
ix. THOMAS HART, b. 1837, Nova Scotia; d. Nova Scotia.
More About THOMAS HART:
Bapt.: September 14, 1837
Bur.: Lakeside Cemetery
x. SARAH ELIZABETH HART, b. 1839, Nova Scotia.
More About SARAH ELIZABETH HART:
Bapt.: November 6, 1839
xi. JOHN GODFREY HART, b. 1846.
Generation No. 3
3. FRANCES MARIA3 HART (THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) was born May 7, 1828 in Arichat, NS. She married JOHN WATSON BUTCHER October 31, 1848 in Charlottetown PEI, son of WILLIAM BUTCHER and PATIENCE JEWELL. He was born April 4, 1820 in Suffolk, England, and died November 18, 1884 in Peterboro, Ontario.
More About JOHN WATSON BUTCHER:
Occ.: Bible Christian Minister 1843-1883
Rel.: Bible Christian
Children of FRANCES HART and JOHN BUTCHER are:
6. i. ANNIE PATIENCE4 BUTCHER.
ii. JOHN WATSON BUTCHER, b. November 22, 1852, PEI; d. 1941, Peterborough, Ontario.
7. iii. MARK THOMAS BUTCHER, b. October 4, 1854, PEI; d. 1935, Peterborough, Ontario.
iv. GEORGE MATTHEW BUTCHER, b. December 1, 1856, PEI.
v. CHARLES BUTCHER, b. May 6, 1858, PEI.
vi. SARAH JANET BUTCHER, b. August 30, 1860, PEI; m. CORY COURTICE.
vii. MARIA ISABEL BUTCHER, b. May 15, 1864, PEI; d. 1956, Peterborough, Ontario.
4. MARTHA ARMENIA3 HART (THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) was born January 15, 1830 in Nova Scotia. She married JOHN WYATT August 7, 1851 in Charlottetown PEI.
More About JOHN WYATT:
Children of MARTHA HART and JOHN WYATT are:
i. GEORGE WHITFIELD4 WYATT.
ii. DARIUS WILLIAM WYATT, b. August 6, 1853, PEI; d. December 3, 1873, Charlottetown PEI.
More About DARIUS WILLIAM WYATT:
Bur.: December 1873, Protestant Cemetery, Charlottetown, PEI
Cause of Death: Congestion of lungs
8. iii. CHARLES ALBERT WYATT, b. July 4, 1856, PEI.
iv. MARTHA JANE WYATT, b. August 8, 1858, PEI; m. ARCHIBALD DONALD WHITE, July 4, 1876, PEI.
v. JOHN HENRY WYATT, b. September 18, 1863.
5. MARGARET JANE3 HART (THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) was born February 24, 1832 in Nova Scotia, and died March 31, 1857 in Vernon River, PEI. She married GEORGE CONRAD VICKERSON March 1854 in PEI, son of CONRAD VICKERSON and JESSIE ROBERTSON. He was born April 24, 1824 in Marshfield, PEI, and died June 8, 1884 in Brownston, Vernon River, PEI.
More About GEORGE CONRAD VICKERSON:
Bur.: June 1884, Vernon River Cemetery, PEI
Res.: Brownston, Vernon River, PEI
Children of MARGARET HART and GEORGE VICKERSON are:
i. ANN MARIA4 VICKERSON, b. April 15, 1855, PEI.
More About ANN MARIA VICKERSON:
Bapt.: August 11, 1855
9. ii. FREDERICK THOMAS LEMUEL VICKERSON, b. April 18, 1856, PEI; d. 1943.
Generation No. 4
6. ANNIE PATIENCE4 BUTCHER (FRANCES MARIA3 HART, THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) She married BUTTLE HUDSON.
Child of ANNIE BUTCHER and BUTTLE HUDSON is:
10. i. HAROLD5 HUDSON.
7. MARK THOMAS4 BUTCHER (FRANCES MARIA3 HART, THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) was born October 4, 1854 in PEI, and died 1935 in Peterborough, Ontario. He married MARY JANE WILLS.
Children of MARK BUTCHER and MARY WILLS are:
11. i. JOHN WILLIAM5 BUTCHER, b. June 28, 1878; d. August 21, 1930, Peterborough, Ontario.
ii. MARK WATSON BUTCHER, b. 1882; m. ETTA GROSS.
iii. CHARLES THEOPHILUS BUTCHER, b. 1884; m. MARGARET BOYD; d. 1922.
iv. JENNIE BUTCHER, b. 1886; m. JAMES CAMPBELL.
v. OLIVE BUTCHER, b. 1889.
8. CHARLES ALBERT4 WYATT (MARTHA ARMENIA3 HART, THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) was born July 4, 1856 in PEI. He married ANNABELLA BLAKE September 26, 1877 in PEI.
More About CHARLES ALBERT WYATT:
Bapt.: December 21, 1856
Child of CHARLES WYATT and ANNABELLA BLAKE is:
i. HARRY5 WYATT, b. June 29, 1879, Hillsboro St., Charlottetown, PEI.
More About HARRY WYATT:
Bapt.: April 17, 1880, Methodist Church, Charlottetown, PEI
9. FREDERICK THOMAS LEMUEL4 VICKERSON (MARGARET JANE3 HART, THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) was born April 18, 1856 in PEI, and died 1943. He married SOPHIA MCLEOD. She was born 1857, and died 1919.
More About FREDERICK THOMAS LEMUEL VICKERSON:
Bapt.: October 16, 1856
Children of FREDERICK VICKERSON and SOPHIA MCLEOD are:
i. FLORENCE M.5 VICKERSON, b. 1889, PEI; d. 1971, PEI.
More About FLORENCE M. VICKERSON:
Bur.: 1962, Vernon River Cemetery, PEI
ii. GEORGE VICKERSON, b. 1890, PEI; d. 1962, PEI.
More About GEORGE VICKERSON:
Bur.: 1962, Vernon River Cemetery, PEI
iii. L. NEIL VICKERSON, b. Abt. 1899, PEI; d. February 1, 1924, Bolivia.
Generation No. 5
10. HAROLD5 HUDSON (ANNIE PATIENCE4 BUTCHER, FRANCES MARIA3 HART, THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) He married CLARA UNKNOWN.
Child of HAROLD HUDSON and CLARA UNKNOWN is:
i. DOROTHY6 HUDSON, d. 1989, Peterborough, Ontario; m. GORDON BIGELOW.
11. JOHN WILLIAM5 BUTCHER (MARK THOMAS4, FRANCES MARIA3 HART, THOMAS GODFREY2, JAIRUS1) was born June 28, 1878, and died August 21, 1930 in Peterborough, Ontario. He married FLORENCE ELIZABETH BACON. She was born June 26, 1880, and died November 30, 1945 in Peterborough, Ontario.
Children of JOHN BUTCHER and FLORENCE BACON are:
i. WILLIAM WATSON6 BUTCHER, b. October 4, 1902, Peterborough, Ontario; d. 1995, Peterborough, Ontario; m. ADELAIDE MCILONEY; d. 1975, Peterborough, Ontario.
ii. CHARLES GEORGE BUTCHER, b. June 28, 1904, Peterborough, Ontario; d. June 25, 1982, Coquitlam, BC; m. MERLE LUVINA WANNAMAKER, July 16, 1936, West Huntingdon, Ontario; b. February 23, 1902, Little Ireland, Ontario; d. May 11, 1997, Vancouver, BC.
More About CHARLES GEORGE BUTCHER:
Occ.: Missionary to Southern Rhodesia, 1936
iii. MARY JANE BUTCHER, b. February 6, 1914, Kincaid, Saskatchewan; m. DONALD HAYES; b. July 17, 1909, Omemee, Ontario; d. July 24, 1999, Norwood, Ontario.
iv. ANNIE ETHEL BUTCHER, b. June 18, 1918, Kincaid, Saskatchewan.