I have a number of additional generations of this family to share and please direct Queries to the email link above!
The Descendants of Abraham Jackman and Emily Coombs
Note: This file is a work in progress, as are most of the lineages on the Register. As such, it may contain omissions or errors. Always check all data, and use these files for a guide only. This is a problem line, or brick wall. I have no information prior to Abraham and Emily. If you have, or need further information on this family, please contact me.
1. Abraham Jackman b. ___ 1864, Occupation: Fisherman, m. Emily Coombs, b. ___ 1865, d. ___ 1948, Buried: Georgetown Anglican Cem., PEI. Abraham died Mar 10 1921, Buried: Georgetown Anglican Cem., PEI. Abraham is said to have come from Flowers Cove, NFLD, and originally from Isle of Wight.
2. i George Jackman b. Oct 19 1888.
3. ii Jonas Jackman b. Jun 11 1891.
4. iii Abraham Jackman b. Apr 02 1893.
5. iv Mary Caroline Jackman b. Apr 12 1894.
6. v Hannah Jackman b. Jan 12 1896.
7. vi Ida Jackman b. Aug 26 1898.
8. vii Jane Jackman b. Jun 29 1901.
viii Myrtle Jackman b. Jun 29 1904, m. Vernon Rilley, b. May 03 1905, d. Oct 09 1994, Buried: Montague Community Park Cem., PEI. Myrtle died Oct 09 1975, Buried: Montague Community Park Cem., PEI.
9. ix Harriet Jackman b. Oct 17 1906.
x Samuel Jackman Other: Infant Death.
2. George Jackman (1.Abraham1 ) b. Oct 19 1888, m. Eliza Anderson, Buried: Anglican Church, Victoria, P.E.I.
i James Archibald (Archie) Jackman m. Bertha ESTHER Eisen.
3. Jonas Jackman (1.Abraham1 ) b. Jun 11 1891, m. Victoria Boudreau, b. CIR 1889, Lot 59, PEI., (daughter of Augustas GUS Boudreau and Julia (Judith) Boudreau) d. Nov 1942, Buried: St. Mary's Catholic Cem., Montague, PEI. Jonas died Mar 07 1969, Buried: Georgetown Meth/United Cem., PEI. Victoria: Victoria is buried in the St. Mary's Cem., Montague, PEI. She has no grave marker. Information from her daughter. Jonas is buried in the Georgetown Anglican Cemetery, PEI. This due to Victoria being Catholic and Jonas being Protestant. In that period inter-demnominational burials were not allowed. Much family information has been lost due to family estrangement over this marriage.
i Mary Charlotte Jackman b. Oct 06 1932, Montague, PEI., m. Oct 06 1954, in Montague, PEI., Earl Vincent McKearney, b. Mar 07 1928, Montague, PEI., (son of John A. McKearney and Mary L. Jeffrey) Occupation: Plumber/Fisherman, Other: Resided, Lower Montague, PEI. Mary Other: Resided, Lower Montague, PEI. Earl:
4. Abraham Jackman (1.Abraham1 ) b. Apr 02 1893, m. Minnie Carr. Abraham died AFT 1950.
i Charles Harrison CHARLIE Jackman b. May 15 1914, Victoria, PEI., m. Sep 04 1953, in Toronto, Ont., Estala Lucelle Nickerson, b. Jun 24 1920, d. Nov 13 1993. Charles died Nov 16 1989, Oakville-Trafalgar Mem. Hosp., Ont., Buried: Trafalgar Lawn Cemetery, Oakville, Ont.
Charles Harrison Jackman was the son of Abraham. The following information is from
Gerald Nickerson. Thanks Gerald!
The following is taken from his birth certificate: Charles Harrison Jackman was born May 15,1914, Victoria,P.E.I.
The following was taken from the statement of death:
Charles Harrison Jackman died November 16,1989 in Oakville,Ontario.His father was Abraham Jackman and his mother was Minnie Carr.
The following was the obituary announcement:
Jackman, Charles Harrison (veteran of WW II) - On Thursday,November 16,1989 at the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital,Charlie Jackman in his 76 th. year, leaves to mourn his passing his wife,Lucille Nickerson;his sisters,Ada Jackman of St. Elanors, P.E.I.; Jesse Robbins, Charlottetown, P.E.I.; Doris and her husband Eric Snair of Oakville,Ontario; the late Hannah McKenzie and the late Rita Jackman and also nieces and nephews. Brother in law of Wanita Rogers and Clem Nickerson.Interment Trafalgar Lawn Cemetary, Oakville, Ontario .
Charles Harrison Jackman was married September 4, 1953 in Toronto Ontario to Estala Lucelle Nickerson, B. June 24, 1920, D.November 13, 1993.
ii Hannah Jane Jackman b. ___ 1917, m. John MacKenzie, b. ___ 1906, d. ___ 1974, Buried: Searletown Cem., PEI., Other: Resided, Ontario. Hannah died ___ 1973, Other: Resided, Ontario.
iii Ada Jackman Occupation: Cook, Other: Resided, St. Eleanors, PEI.
iv Doris Jackman m. Eric Snair, Other: Resided, Oakville, Ont. Doris Other: Resided, Oakville, Ont.
v Jessie Jackman b. Mar 06 1925, m. Cederick Robbins, Other: Resided, Charlottetown, PEI. Jessie Other: Resided, Charlottetown, PEI.
vi Rita Jackman.
5. Mary Caroline Jackman (1.Abraham1 ) b. Apr 12 1894, m. James Knox. Mary died Mar 14 1921.
i John Knox.
6. Hannah Jackman (1.Abraham1 ) b. Jan 12 1896, m. William Edmunds, b. ___ 1886, d. ___ 1958, Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI. Hannah died ___ 1951, Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI.
i George Edmunds b. ___ 1918, d. ___ 1937, Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI.
ii Abraham Edmunds m. Myrtle Mosher.
iii Ida Edmunds b. ___ 1924, Occupation: Storekeeper, m. Ralph Graham, b. ___ 1914, Occupation: Store Keeper/Fisherman, d. ___ 1988, Montague, PEI., Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI. Ida died Oct 17 1991, Montague, PEI., Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI.
iv Myrtle Edmunds and Mr. Harrie, Other: Resided, Sturgeon, PEI. Myrtle Other: Resided, Sturgeon, PEI.
v Archibald Edmunds b. Apr 12 1926, d. Jul 27 1961, Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI., Other: Drowned.
vi Ellsworth Edmunds b. ___ 1929, Lower Montague, PEI., Occupation: Carpenter, Gardener., m. ___ 1962, Doris M'Kinnon, Ref: MacKinnon, d. Jul 27 1997, Other: Resided, Red Deer, Alta./Cornwall, P.E.I. Ellsworth died Jan 01 1998, Cornwall, P.E.I., Other: Resided, Red Deer, Alta./Cornwall, P.E.I. Ellsworth and Doris left for Red Deer, Alta. and lived there for 25 years, before returning to thei native P.E.I. to retire.
vii Emily Edmunds b. Dec 08 1931, Lower Montague, PEI., m. ___ 1972, Garfield Rose, Other: Resided, Halifax/ Dartmouth, N.S., 1977. Emily died Feb 13 1998, QE II Hospital, Halifax, NS., Other: Resided, PEI till 1946, Halifax/Dartmouth (1977).
viii Albert Edmunds b. ___ 1934, d. ___ 1935, Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI.
ix Jean Edmunds b. ___ 1938, m. (1) Aug 25 1953, Cecil T. Jesso, b. ___ 1929, (son of Ambrose Jesso and Eugenia O'Connor) Occupation: Shipyard Worker, d. Jan 16 1993, P.E.I., Buried: St. Pauls Cem., Sturgeon, PEI., m. (2) Nov 01 1997, in PEI., Duncan M'Master, Ref: McMaster, Other: Resided, Albion, PEI. Jean Other: Resided, Albion, PEI. Cecil:
7. Ida Jackman (1.Abraham1 ) b. Aug 26 1898, m. Jun 04 1918, Ruben Vatcher, b. ___ 1887, d. ___ 1971, Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI. Ida died ___ 1959, Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI.
i Ruby Vatcher b. Oct 19 1920, m. Jean J. St. Onge, b. Dec 15 1924, d. Sep 11 1997, Hull, Quebec., Buried: Sep 13 1997, Lower Montague Cem., PEI. Ruby died Jul 21 1994, Summerside, PEI., Buried: Lower Montague Cem., PEI.
ii Barbara Vatcher.
8. Jane Jackman (1.Abraham1 ) b. Jun 29 1901, m. Jack MacAskill.
i Marion MacAskill.
9. Harriet Jackman (1.Abraham1 ) b. Oct 17 1906, m. Willard Farrell.
i Eldred (Ollie) Farrell. Injured severely in automotive accident, invalid for the rest of his life.