The Island Register has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to privacy. We feel every web site should do the same. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this website:
Our guestbook and Site logs log the I.P. addresses of our users. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site, and for security for our guestbook. We do not use this information for any other purpose. Please note: This means that we can tell only what server our clients came from, but not who they are. We log no email address or other information unless specifically given by the user in guest book queries.
Under no circumstances is ANY user information sold by this site.
This site contains links to other sites. The Island Register is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
It should be noted that the "What's New" update and newsletter service which you can subscribe to from the "What's New" page does log email addresses. This information is available only to myself for the sole purpose of distributing the update newsletter..
Public ForumsThis site makes guest books available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Children's GuidelinesThe Island Register Web site is a child safe site and does:
* Note: Parents should ensure that their children be cautious in what information they give out, as they should be themselves, when making queries on the guestbook. The guestbook is monitored closely to reduce the possibility of children inadvertantly disseminating harmful information.
- NOT collect online contact information.
- NOT collect personally identifiable offline contact information.
- NOT distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information.
- DOES give the ability to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent. See *.
- NOT entice by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
Rules regarding Lineage SubmissionsIt is the policy of the Island Register not to publish information on living people in the lineages available on this page. If any do show that are living, it is purely inadvertant, and a sincere effort is made to screen these out.
Some of the online books do show living generations, and I have been assured by the authors that the individuals involved gave their approval prior to the original publishing of these books.
Contacting the Web SiteIf you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact: Dave Hunter , Webmaster/Owner, The Island Register, [email protected].