Submitted by Christine Gorman
THE ELECTRIC LIGHT - WHERE THE LIGHTS ARE TO BE LOCATED
(As Printed in the Daily Examiner, November 11, 1885.)
At an adjourned meeting of the City Council, held last evening, a plan showing the location of the proposed lights was submitted. It shows their location as follows, subject to alteration at a meeting to be held to-night:B
1. - Near Councillor Morris, Dundas Esplanade.
2. - Near Rankin House, corner of Pownal and Water Streets.
3. - Near EXAMINER office, corner of Great George and Water Streets.
4. - Near R. Galbraith's, corner Weymouth and King Streets.
5. - Near M. P. Hogan's, corner of Prince and King Streets.
6. - Near Union House, corner King and Queen Streets.
7. - Near William Murray's, corner of Dorchester and Pownal Streets.
8. - Near St. Dunstan's Cathedral, corner Dorchester and Great George Streets.
9. - Near Rev. D. Fitzgerald's, corner Hillsborough and Dorchester Streets.
10. - Near Convent, East corner Hillsborough Square.
11. - Near Methodist Church, corner Sidney and Prince Streets.
12. - Near Charlottetown Boot Factory, corner Sidney and Queen Streets.
13. - Near Connolly's Warehouse, corner Rochford and Sidney Streets.
14. - Near Councillor Douse's, at Landing, corner Richmond and West Streets.
15. - Near Jail, corner Pownal and Richmond Streets.
16. - Near William Smith's, west corner Hillsborough Square.
17. - Near corner of Cumberland and Richmond Streets.
18. - Near Pope Walsh's, corner Cumberland and Grafton Streets.
19. - Near Parson's Forge, corner Hillsborough and Grafton Streets.
20. - Near Market House, Queen Street.
21. - Near Jas. DesBrisay's, corner Pownal and Grafton Streets.
22. - Near Simon Davies' corner West and Grafton Streets.
23. - Near J. T. Crockett's, corner Rochford Square.
24. - Near A. N. Large's, corner Queen and Kent Streets
25. - Near Dr. Johnston's, corner Prince and Kent Streets.
26. - Near Edward Moore's, Kent Street East, corner King Square.
27. - Near Morrissey's Foundry premises.
28. - Near Jas. Crockett's, corner Cumberland and Fitzroy Streets.
29. - Near Senator Carvell's, corner Hillsborough and Fitzroy Streets.
30. - Near Mrs. Blatche's, corner Great George and Fitzroy Streets.
31. - Near St. James' Church, corner Pownal and Fitzroy Streets.
32. - Near McKinnon & McLean's Foundry, corner Euston Street and Brighton Road.
33. - Near Admiral Bayfield's, corner Queen and Euston Streets.
34. - Near Free Church, corner Upper Prince and Euston Streets.
35. - Near A. L. Brown's, corner Weymouth Street and St. Peter's Road.
36. - On Brighton Road.
The lights will, we learn, be placed on masts from thirty-five to forty feet in height.