Submitted by John Albert - email@example.com
There are additional generations of this family to share. Please direct Queries and requests for source information to the email link above!
The Descendents of Gabriel ALBERT and Genevieve BOUTHILLIER
Generation No. 1
1. GABRIEL ALBERT was born in Coutances, Marche, Normandy, France in 1738. He went to the New World and worked out of Pabos, on the Gaspe Peninsula as a fisherman. He married at Pabos in 1751 Genevieve BOUTHILLIER born 1741, the daughter of Joseph BOUTHILLIER and Angelique GIRAUD called SAINT JEAN. Angelique’s parents were Gabriel GIRAUD and the Widow ROUSSEAU, a Micmac Indian woman. Calculating their ages at married is startling, and I’m sure this does not give us an accurate realization. These years are used as their birth dates because it is the first records of their existence.
In 1755 the Acadian Expulsion began. In 1758 Pabos was burnt down. On the 1761 the DuCALVET census has Gabriel living on Caraquet Island with one son. Another census in 1783, shows Gabriel living in Caraquet with 3 children and his wife. His oldest son, Pierre lives next to him and also has a wife and 3 children.
Gabriel and his son Pierre, each got 400 acres of land in Caraquet, Gloucester County ,New Brunswick, during the "Grand Grant". Their deeds are registered in Nova Scotia, because New Brunswick didn’t exist yet. Gabriel’s lot was in Caraquet is where the bank is today. His son’s Pierre’s property was 4 lots to the east and today there is a School Board building on it.
Gabriel’s great grandson Pierre dit Camille settled in Roseville, Prince Edward Island sometime beween 1881and 1891. Pierre and his wife, Mary are buried at St. Marks Burton, Lot 7 PEI.
Generation No. 2
Children of GABRIEL ALBERT and GENEVIEVE BOUTHILLIER are:
2. i. PIERRE ALBERT born 1753, died 26 December 1831, married 7 November 1778 GENEVIEVE DENYS daughter of Louis DENYS and Marie Marguerite LAROCQUE in Paspebiac, Quebec.
ii. MARIE ALBERT born 1755, died 23 April 1828 in Caraquet NB, married (1) in 1768 MICHEL IGNACE PARISE, died 8 November 1794 son of Gilles PARISE and Angelique MICHAUD. She married (2) 24 August 1795 in Caraquet to Francois GIONET, widower of Marie LeVICAIRE. He was born in Coutances, France. Marie’s father Gabriel had just passed away before her second wedding. She had 7 children with husband (1) no children with No. (2)
iii. JEAN-BAPTISTE GABRIEL ALBERT born 1760 in Caraquet NB, died 12 January 1830 in Caraquet NB, married in 1784, THERESE LANTEIGNE daughter of Louis LANTEIGNE and Marguerite CHAPADEAU. She was born in 1757 and died in Caraquet 22 April 1849 at age 93. In 1785 they were living in the Miramichi. (Many known descendents)
iv. JEANNE dit JEANNETON ALBERT was born at Caraquet in 1768, died 8 April 1808 at Caraquet and married Jean LACROIX at Caraquet in 1785. He was the first of his line in this area. He was born in 1757 and died at Caraquet 1 January 1827. They had 5 children.
Generation No. 3
2. PIERRE ALBERT (GABRIEL)born 1753, died 26 December 1831 at Caraquet NB and on 7 November 1778 married GENEVIEVE DENYS daughter of LOUIS DENYS and MARIE MARGUERITE LAROCQUE.
Children of PIERRE ALBERT and GENEVIEVE DENYS are:
i. PIERRE ALBERT born 1779 in Paspebiac Quebec, died in Caraquet 15 May 1868, married ARCHANGE BOUTHILLIER, daughter of RENE and GENEVIEVE CHIASSON.
ii. JEAN ALBERT born 19 February 1781 in Paspebiac Quebec, buried in Paspebiac, 16 April 1832, married ANNE GRENIER, daughter of JACQUES and CATHERINE LANGLOIS.
iii. FELICITE ALBERT born 1782 in Paspebiac Quebec, died 22 September 1865, married BELONI CHIASSON, son of JOSEPH and ANNE HACHE
iv. LOUIS ALBERT born 1784 in Paspebiac Quebec, died 24 April 1874 at Caraquet, married SUZANNE MAILLOUX, daughter of LOUIS and SUZANNE HUART
v. MARIE MAGDELAINE ALBERT born 1 October 1785 Caraquet NB, married FRANCOIS MORAIS, son of JACQUES and AGNES BOUTHILLIER
vi. ROSE ALBERT born 1786 in Caraquet NB, died 1840, married JEAN LOUIS PARISE son of LOUIS and MADELEINE ROUSSI
vii. ISAAC ALBERT baptized 11 November 1787 in Caraquet NB, died at Caraquet 6 February 1870, married OSITHE MAILLOUX daughter of LOUIS and GENEVIEVE HUART.
3. viii. HILARION ALBERT born 26 May 1792 in Caraquet NB
ix. FELICITE ALBERT born 7 October 1794 in Caraquet NB
x. JEAN-BAPTISTE ALBERT born 1795 in Caraquet NB
xi. DAVID ALBERT born 1797 in Caraquet NB
xii. PELAGIE ALBERT born 1801 in Caraquet NB, married JEAN BAPTISTE DUGUAY son of FRANCOIS and MARIE DOIRON
xiii. ANNE ALBERT born 1803 in Caraquet NB
Generation No. 4
4. HILARION ALBERT (PIERRE, GABRIEL)known as Hilaire born 26 May 1792 in Caraquet, died before 1871, and married in Caraquet 22 November 1814 MARIE CLAIRE LANDRY daughter of ANSELME LANDRY and MARIE BRIDEAU. She was born in Grand Anse NB 20 January 1794.
Children of HILARION ALBERT and MARIE CLAIRE LANDRY are:
i. LAZARE HILARION ALBERT born September 1815 in Grand Anse NB, married ANGELE THERIAULT daughter of FABIEN and MARIE LEGER. They had 9 ch.
ii. DELPHINE CHANTAL ALBERT born 23 February 1817 in Grand Anse NB, died 16 November 1817 in Grand Anse NB
iii. PLACIDE ALBERT born 5 October 1818 in Grand Anse NB, died 15 February 1832 in Caraquet NB
iv. BERNARD ALBERT born 2 December 1820. Married MARGUERITE ADELAIDE BERTIN on 3 April 1845 and moved to Bonaventure Quebec in 1861
v. ISABELLE dit ELISABETH ALBERT born 17 February 1823 in Grand Anse married ETIENNE THERIAULT son of JEAN BAPTISTE and GENEVIEVE PINET
vi. MONIQUE ALBERT born 1824 buried in Bonaventure Quebec 18 April 1883 married PIERRE BOURG son of JOSEPH and REBECCA LOUBERT
vii. ALEXIS ALBERT born 1831 in Grand Anse died July 1887 at St. Paul's Grand Anse married MARIE ST-PIERRE 4 November 1851at Caraquet, daughter of JOSEPH and JULIE LEVESQUE. Alexis signed Pierre’s marriage certificate as a witness
viii. BELONI ALBERT was born 15 February 1835 in Grand Anse, New Brunswick.
5. ix. PIERRE dit CAMILLE ALBERT born 12 March 1836, died 20 May 1914 Roseville PEI, married MARY JONES daughter of THOMAS JONES and HELENE GALLANT.
* See the JONES file on the Island Register for more details.
Generation No. 5
5. PIERRE CAMILLE ALBERT (HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 12 March 1836 in Grand Anse NB. He died 20 May 1914 in PEI. He married 4 August 1862 in Caraquet NB at the Parish of Saint-Pierre-Aux-Liens, MARY JONES born 15 Sep 1838 in Quebec. Mary and Pierre are buried at St. Marks Cemetery in Burton, Lot 7 PEI.
Children of PIERRE dit CAMILLE ALBERT and MARY JONES are:
6. i. SARA J. ALBERT born 15 April 1864 Grand Anse NB.
ii. MARY ALBERT born 1864 Grand Anse NB.
7. iii. JOSEPH IVAN ALBERT born 10 June 1865 Grand Anse NB.
8 . iv. PIERRE FRANCOIS ALBERT born Grand Anse NB.
9 v. JOHN CHARLES ALBERT born 28 September 1871 Grand Anse NB.
10. vi. ELIZABETH ALBERT born 22 October 1873 Grand Anse NB.
11. vii. MARY ELLEN ALBERT born 1876 Grand Anse NB.
viii. LUCY ALBERT born 8 December 1878 Grand Anse NB.
ix. MARGARET ANN ALBERT born 8 August 1881 Tignish PEI.
x. JOHN A. ALBERT born 30 April 1895 PEI.
xi. MAGGIE MAY ALBERT born 12 May 1895 PEI. Died 21 July 1908 PEI. Buried with her parents at St. Marks Burton, Lot 7 PEI.
Generation No. 6
8. SARA J. ALBERT (PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 15 April 1864 Grand Anse NB. She married 11 September 1882 JOSEPH MAILLET born 3 June 1848 PEI, son of ANSELME MAILLET and FRANCOISE ARSENAULT. The name MAILLET, got anglicized to MEYERS on the 1901 Census.
Children of SARA J. ALBERT and JOSEPH MAILLET are:
i. SAM MAILLET born 23 September 1883 PEI.
ii. ALICE MAILLET born 8 December 1886 PEI.
iii. GEORGE E. MAILLET born 27 October 1888 PEI.
iv. MARY E. MAILLET born 27 February 1891 PEI.
v. NAPOLEON MAILLET born 29 December 1892 PEI.
vi. ELIZABETH A. MAILLET born 11 June 1894 PEI.
vii. JOSEPH A. MAILLET born 18 April 1896 PEI.
viii. JOHN P. MAILLET born 4 December 1898 PEI.
ix. JOSEPH N. MAILLET born 6 March 1901 PEI.
9. JOSEPH IVAN ALBERT (PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 10 June 1865 Grand Anse NB. Died 1954 PEI. Married 11 September 1893 HENRIETTA VINCENT born 9 March 1878 PEI, died 6 June 1921 Alberton PEI, daughter of HENRY VINCENT and ELIZABETH ----------.
Children of JOSEPH IVAN ALBERT and HENRIETTA VINCENT are:
14. i. WILLIAM N. ALBERT born 18 September 1893 Lot 4 PEI. Married MAUDE SIMMONDS. They are buried in Stratford ON.
ii. PETER JOSEPH ALBERT born 24 July 1895 PEI
10. PIERRE FRANCOIS ALBERT (PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 1867 Grand Anse NB, died 15 February 1944 St. Louis PEI, married 7 January 1895 ELIZABETH THIBODEAU. Also known as ALIZA and MARGUERITE. This was her second marriage. She brought 2 of her 3 children to this union.
Children raised by PIERRE FRANCOIS ALBERT and ELIZABETH THIBODEAU are:
i. HENRY ALBERT married KATHERINE GAUDET in 1925. She died 15 September 1981.
ii. FANNY ALBERT married HARLEM McCORMICK
11. JOHN CHARLES ALBERT (PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 28 September 1871 Grand Anse, Gloucester County, NB known as JOHNNIE. Baptized 29 September 1872 at St. Famille Bathurst, Gloucester County, NB. Died 29 March 1949 in Robinsonville, Restigouche County, NB. Married 20 September 1901 PEI, ROSANNE HACHE born 20 April 1883 Tignish PEI. Baptized 13 May 1883 Tignish PEI. Died 8 January 1921 in Ferguson Manor NB during 13th pregnancy from perpetual bleeding. Buried 10 January 1921 Shives Athol NB. She was the daughter of ABRAHAM HACHE born 1854 in Grand Anse NB and ELIZABETH CLEMENT known as Marguerite. (Known Lineages)
Children of JOHN CHARLES ALBERT and ROSANNE HACHE are:
i. JOSEPH HENRY ALBERT born PEI married 28 December 1922 FLORENCE LORETTA MYLES. Joe worked in Louis ROBICHAUD’s political campaigns.
ii. GEORGE ALBERT born PEI or Atholville NB. He went to Chicago in 1925?
iii. MARY ADELIA ALBERT known as DELINA born 12 November 1905 Shives Athol, Restigouche County NB and married CYRUS PINAULT/PINEAU (more info)
iv. LUCY ALBERT born Atholville NB married JACK CHURCHILL
v. ODEMEE ALBERT born 27 May 1915 Atholville NB. Known as O’dae, Mae & " La Love" married PHILIP SALESSE/SILAS.
vii. PIERRE NARCISSE ALBERT was born 17 September 1917 in Atholville Restigouche County NB. He died 9 February 1988 in Trenton Ontario. He was known as Peter Nelson ALBERT, usually " Pete". Worked for Edward GALLANT in Miminegash. He built a house in Howlan PEI in the 1970’s.
12. ELIZABETH ALBERT (PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 22 October 1873 Grand Anse NB. Died 17 May 1945 Montreal Quebec. Married 27 November 1894, THOMAS TRAINOR born 25 November 1867. Died 16 November 1940 Lot 7 PEI son of JAMES TRAINOR and BRIDGET MONAHAN. They were both born in Ireland.
Children of ELIZABETH ALBERT and THOMAS TRAINOR are:
i. ELIZABETH SARAH TRAINOR born 20 November1898 PEI.
ii. MARGARET G. TRAINOR born 9 December 1896 PEI
iii. JAMES P. TRAINOR born 16 February 1901 PEI
13. MARY ELLEN ALBERT (PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 1876 Grand Anse NB. She died in 1958. She Married JOSEPH F. GALLANT born 20 March 1868 known as "Joe Phoebe" and "Joe P" son of FABIEN GALLANT born 17 February 1840 and PHILOMENE GALLANT born 4 February 1846. (known lineages)
Children of MARY ELLEN ALBERT and JOSEPH F. GALLANT are:
i. PETER JOSEPH GALLANT born 14 October 1900. Died 6 January 1971
ii. RITA GALLANT married ---------PERRY
iii. WILLIAM GALLANT married 22 April 1936 ROSE ELLA CLEMENT.
iv. GEORGE GALLANT
v. JACK GALLANT
Generation No. 7
14. WILLIAM N. ALBERT ( JOSEPH IVAN, PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 18 September 1893 in PEI. He married MAUDE SIMMONDS.
Children of WILLIAM N. ALBERT and MAUDE SIMMONDS are:
i. EDLOW CLARENCE ALBERT died about 1996 married about 1936 LAVINA GAVIN daughter of PETER GAVIN and BERTHA POWER.
ii. WILLIAM HENRY ALBERT born 15 December 1920. Died 31 March 1995, married 1944 in March England GLADYS TOWNSEND
iii. CALVIN ALBERT died young.
v. DORIS ALBERT married Herbert FARREN
15. JOSEPH HENRY ALBERT (JOHN CHARLES, PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born about 1902, married 28 December 1922 at the parish of Addington NB, FLORENCE LORETTA MYLES born 1904 Tide Head NB, daughter of ARCHIBALD GORDON MYLES and MARY ANN "Sis" MANN.
Children of JOSEPH HENRY ALBERT and FLORENCE LORETTA MYLES are:
i. JOHN VERNON ALBERT
ii. JOSEPH BARTHOLOMEW MYLES ALBERT died in Gaza 19 November 1961 and has a virtual memorial. Known as Joseph M.
v. FRANCIS MURRAY L. ALBERT
viii. LORAINE ANN ALBERT
16. MARY ADELIA ALBERT (JOHN CHARLES, PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) called Delina born 12 November 1905 in Shives Athol, Gloucester County NB. Died------. She married CYRUS PINAULT son of FIDELE PINEAU and MARIE DOIRON
Children of MARY ADELIA ALBERT and CYRUS PINAULT are:
17. ODEMEE ALBERT (JOHN CHARLES, PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) called Mae, born 27 May 1915 Atholville NB died 6 September 1999, married PHILIPPE SALESSE son of MAJORIQUE.
Children of ODEMEE ALBERT and PHILIPPE SALESSE are:
i. Eleven of their children are still Living.
ii. MURIEL SILAS
18. PIERRE NARCISSE ALBERT (JOHN CHARLES, PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) Born 17 September 1917 in Atholville, Restigouche County, New Brunswick, died 9 February 1988 in Trenton Ontario. He was cremated 12 February 1988 in Belleville ON. Pierre married Jesse GLADYS in England during or after WWII. It ended quickly and there are no known children of that union known so far. He has 3 living children from other relationships.
Generation No. 8
19. EDLOW CLARENCE ALBERT (WILLIAM N., JOSEPH IVAN, PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) died 1997 married 1936 LAVINA GAVIN daughter of PETER GAVIN and BERTHA POWER. They had 5 children.
20. WILLIAM HENRY ALBERT (WILLIAM N., JOSEPH IVAN, PIERRE, HILARION, PIERRE, GABRIEL) born 15 December 1920, died 31 March 1995, married in England 1944 GLADYS TOWNSEND born 28 July 1920 died 27 November 1997, daughter of WILLIAM JAMES TOWNSEND and SARAH STAFFORD. They had 1 child. Still in England.