Glenaladale Settlers Special Feature!
(The Passenger list of the Brig Alexander, Lot 36 Quit Rent Rolls, Indenture and Tack betwixt Donald Gillies and John & Donald MacDonald, and the Tack betwixt Messr's MacDonalds & Sundries on Boysdale's Grounds are presented here in honour of the 225th anniversary of the arrival of the Glenaladale settlers. See our other Passenger Lists and References on our PEI Maritime History and Passenger Lists Page!)
Great Christmas Gift!
The PEI Scottish Settlers Historical Society is seeking pre-orders for their reprint of Souvenir Booklet of the Celebration of the Landing of the Scottish Catholics on Prince Edward Island in AD 1772 and After. These two booklets – one an Island edition the other a Boston edition - were originally published as part of the 1922 celebrations for the 150th anniversary of the arrival of the “Glenaladale Settlers.”
These 64 and 84 page [respectively] booklets are comprised of old photographs and brief biographical sketches of certain Islanders whose heritage traces back to the original settlement at Tracadie under Capt John MacDonald.
The reprints are being sold for $12 per booklet or $20 for both. If you order only one, please note whether it is to be the local 64 page edition or the Boston 84 page edition. Deadline for pre-orders is October 20th, 2007. Contact Mary Jeanette Gallant at firstname.lastname@example.org or Aggi-Rose Reddin at 902-675-3279.
- The Catholic Scotch Settlement of Prince Edward Island - by A. M. Pope, Published in THE CATHOLIC WORLD, 1882
- The MacDonald Heritage - A Narrative Poem by Ruth MacKinnon Barlow
- The Laird of the Glens - An 1881 speech by the Rev. Daniel MacDonald
- The Alexander - The Brig Alexander and the Glenaladale Settlers 1772 - 1997.
- A Cape Breton Connection to the "Alexander", 1772
- Indenture - and Tack betwixt Donald Gillies and John & Donald MacDonald
- Tack - Betwixt Messr's MacDonalds & Sundries on Boysdale's Grounds
24 June 1772.
- Quit Rents - The Lot 36 Quit Rent Rolls.
- Who Were They? - An Attempt to identify those named in P.A.P.E.I.
2664- #155 and #142 using UK Records