The Island Register © 2009
Prince Edward Island's Premier Genealogy Home Page
Suggest This Page To A Friend!
Books, Books, Books!
- Island Register Book Services:
- On Line Books!:
- A Brief history of many of the early PEI families that was written by Douglas Lock's grandfather Charles Winfield Matheson (1878 - 1968) back in the 1950's. PDF Format! Contact Doug Locke with any comments -
- "Looking for James and Ellen: A Genealogical Journey", by David Bolger - This book detains Dave's search for his great-grandparents in Ireland. As Dave says, it deals with the starts, false starts, and mis-steps in the hunt. PDF Format.
- New Book, P.E.I. Portion: "British America", by John M'Gregor Esq. - published 1832 by William Blackwood, Edinburgh; and T. Cadell, Strand, London
- "Emigration. Prince Edward Island: A Brief but Faithful Account of This Fine Colony" - J. L. Llewellin, 1834
- "Burial Sites of Interesting People on P.E.I.". - Including Historic Sites and Monuments. A guided tour of P.E.I.'s Cemeteries!, by Waldron H. and Susan L. C. Leard
- "A Pioneer family from P.E.I. to California in 1849 & 50" - by John W. Cooper, 1895!
- "Hardy of Little York". A history of the families of Thomas, John and George Hardy, Lincolnshire Emigrants to Little York, Lot 34!, by Robert Kim Stevens
- Duncan Campbell's 1875 "History of Prince Edward Island" - a wonderful 19th century history!
- "Sherren's of the World" - An original Family History Book by Joseph C. Sherren!
- "My Father's Shoes" - An original Family History Book by Ross Coffin!
- "Memories of Long Ago" - A Book by Benjamin Bremner describing early life in Charlottetown.
- Local Book Publishers/Services/Stores:
Prince Edward Island - P. E. I. - P E I, Canada
Dave Hunter and The Island Register: ©
Updated: 5/14/2013 9:01:46 PM